The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've pretty much decided to forgoe the Stillen muffler for my 93 auto, unless I can come across one for less than $125. So, I'm going to start looking for a RS/WS muffler for as cheap as possible but they're hard to find. (Already started looking on net)
But the Apexi look alike mufflers on ebay, are they similar in quality, sound, etc to the real thing or are they to be avoided?
I wasn't to sure about the Dynomax Super Turbo that 'Sassen has on his, so any help would be appreciated, and are they Apexi RS/WS mufflers the quietest of the bunch, AND are the Hayame worth even considering for durability and sound? (Not too loud)

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
btw....Hayame is pretty good. I've heard both Apexi WS and RS on cars other than altimas, and they sound good, not too loud, not too quiet. I believe RPMK101 or somethin like that has an Apexi RS muffler.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
is there a performance difference between the two? sure, they may sound the same but when there's a big price difference, u have to wonder why that is.

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
Stillen23 said:
is there a performance difference between the two? sure, they may sound the same but when there's a big price difference, u have to wonder why that is.
nah, not really, usually, with a universal muffler, chances are you're paying for the name...i.e. apexi, blitz, greddy.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
is that apexi RS a universal muffler? how much did it cost you?

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
yup, I got the Apexi RS universal. Its the turbo version. 3.25 inch inlet and has a 3.25 inch straight through core. I was expecting it to be loud as hell...I donno how they pulled it off...but this exhaust isn't very loud at all! It has a very nice throaty deep mellow sound. Very quiet when cruising around. But it sounds really nice when you punch it. The Apexi RS also makes very nice backfiring sounds when you let off the gas (for 5spds only) Makes my car sound like a N1 racing car. :) I definitely recommend it to everyone!

I got it off ebay Brand new for $170 shipped. Since the RS isn't sold in the US anymore, its a little hard to come by...but a few will pop up on ebay every now and then. The closest thing to the APexi RS is probably the WS and the Dunk. Good luck on your search for the perfect exhaust.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks, guys, as long as I share it w/ my wife, it's gonna HAVE to be perfect! Just one other thing, basically, the larger the can, the more sound insulating material and the quieter it is, right, and does SWA have any like that? What is SPW, and I want one that doesn't cause a lot (or any if possible) in the car at hwy speeds especially (2500--3000). Thanks.

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Oh and I left off one thing. The RS exhaust will set off car alarms. Not because its loud...but because it causes a lot of rumble (get it?) But this is only on a 5spd thought and only when I come to a stop. Donno for an auto.

·
1,297 Posts
hell, i bought my muffler off ebay for $60, got it last year and it's still looks like new. There is no rattling and has a nice sound to it. I can set off alarms too(and i'm auto)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts