The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to reset the ecu because the check engine light in coming on again after installing nos. I looked for ecu in the service manual but only has ecm.. and i assume that the ecm is the same as ecu??

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forget it.. it's impossible to reset it without one of those lil gadgets.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not with the 02 altima..
atleast 24hrs and that might not work..
u need to get it done with that programming thing

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
yes, you need to bring the car to the dealer to reset w/their odbii scanner.
Jay

G

·
You can get a code scanner but the problem as I found out is that Nissan is using new logic codes which only their consult II and newer GSTs use. Actron makes a scanner/dte code reader for around #375 which should work. The standard $200 code reader woun't read most of the new nissan codes but will erase the code from memory.

Unfortunately, clearing the memory by disconnecting the batter doesn't do the whole trick. By resetting the computer it will be able to relearn. One think you may want to do is drive two obd II driving cycle. I thought someplace in the service manual there was another way of using the car itself to clear and/or reset the default values.

·
Frozen Member
1,962 Posts
pcsgrp said:
You can get a code scanner but the problem as I found out is that Nissan is using new logic codes which only their consult II and newer GSTs use. Actron makes a scanner/dte code reader for around #375 which should work. The standard $200 code reader woun't read most of the new nissan codes but will erase the code from memory.

Unfortunately, clearing the memory by disconnecting the batter doesn't do the whole trick. By resetting the computer it will be able to relearn. One think you may want to do is drive two obd II driving cycle. I thought someplace in the service manual there was another way of using the car itself to clear and/or reset the default values.
the dealership told me to turn the key to the 'on' position, let sit for 10 seconds, then turn off, then do the same thing again. he said that this resets it.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
unleaded said:

the dealership told me to turn the key to the 'on' position, let sit for 10 seconds, then turn off, then do the same thing again. he said that this resets it.
i've heard something similar with the ignition thingy before...
perhaps ask on the Nissan list. I'm sure someone technical there will know.
Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.