The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, today I get in my car to go to school and low and behold the bright yellow check engine light was on. When I got back home I checked the code and came up with 1(long) 15(short). The trusty Haynes manuel says that this is "Fuel System Lean" and the probable causes are "Check the injectors, fuel pressure, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor and/or MAF sensor"

Well, this sucks ass and I was curious which the most likely cause was. I also noticed that my check engine light went off after a couple hours of driving around.

I feel no problems with my car and the light going off worries me to. Thanks.

·
4,020 Posts
Horrible advice, if your car through and ECU code, then something is wrong, I'd at least take an effort to bring it somewhere to see if there is anything wrong.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guys, this code came up again today. Any suggestions?

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maporsche said:
"Check the injectors, fuel pressure, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor and/or MAF sensor"
Well, it's not the oxygen sensor...I replaced that today and I'm still getting the same error.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
take it to a shop, that's the best idea. Especially for something like this. You don't want to go out and buy new injectors, fuel pump, O2 sensor only to find out that it was caused by a lose ground (happened to my friend's mustang).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts