The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished fixing my car and the battery was unplugged for 3 days... Now my car seems to sputter and want to stall all the time. This happened last time I made a repair but its never lasted this long...

Things I did before this happened:
Tune up
Oil Change
Replace water pump
Replace thermostat

After 1 day of this... I put in some fuel injector cleaner thinking I gunked something up inside (seriously doubt it though)... My question is... Is this normal? Is it the ECU or something else?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
djsassan said:
My car runs like shit the day or two after the battery has been disconnected. The first time it freaked me, but then I have gotten used to it, and I know it will go away.
It takes 22 starts to relearn...just be patient.
jay

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
kenshi said:

It's always "learning."
well...yeah...hehe...ok...it's current config is based on the previous 22 starts, hence, as kenshi says, it's continually relearning. when you reset the ecu, it's using stock/base figures and works from there.
Jay

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: hm

mike1lin said:
so resetting your ecu is the equivalent of starting ur car 22 times?

michael
yes
Jae

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
djsassan said:

mine goes away the second day. Definitely not 22 starts
huh? what's your point?
Jae

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Aggressor said:
Day 3 completed, at least 50 starts so far... still happening... Is this a bad thing?
how the heck did u start your car 50x in 3 days?! isn't that gonna wear something out?
Jae

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, and I'm not too worried... Just replaced my starter in September so I think I have a warranty.... I THINK! Hmm... Come to think about it I'll check that when I get in the car.

·
Banned
0 Posts
ThurzNite said:

huh? what's your point?
Jae

you said the ECU resets after 22 starts. When I disconnect the battery, and then hook it back up and start the car, the car runs awful. However, the next day, it runs fine. And I don't reset the ECU or start the car 22 times.

·
Faster than your Altima.
373 Posts
djsassan said:
My car runs like shit the day or two after the battery has been disconnected. The first time it freaked me, but then I have gotten used to it, and I know it will go away.
Same here

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
there is no point...and that's the point.
Here's a few situations that I would reset the ecu:
*dyno testing diff mods...reset before each run
*making the mil go away
*clearing ecu's memory of mil codes (useless)

djsassan: the battery needs to be disconnected for >24hr, as the fsm states. and if u did do that, maybe your ecu is a fast learner? I have no idea. Go call JWT or G-Force and they'll probably explain it better.

which brings a good point...I wonder if G-Force will make an ecu for us...I'm gonna give them a call.

Jae

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.