The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edmunds just did an article on the "Top 10 Sound Systems in Cars Under $30,000." The Bose system in our Altimas placed 2nd!

2. 2002 Nissan Altima (Bose)
We were pretty amazed when we finally got to listen to this system, and yet not totally surprised. The week before this car came into our offices, we were walking down the street and heard a loud thumping noise. Looking up, we found a 20-something commuter in a sparkling new Altima bobbing his head in time to the music. We couldn't agree more. Considering the price of this vehicle, the stereo is a real steal. Be sure to order the optional Bose system (MSRP $899), which comes standard on higher-priced trim levels but costs extra on the base models. The system comes with a six-disc in-dash CD changer, eight speakers and 100 watts of power that sounds like double that. (Fans of our long-term program will note that we've had some trouble with our long-term Nissan Altima's stereo quality, however, the stereos of all other Altimas we've tested have been great. This leads us to believe that our long-term vehicle's situation is an anomaly.)
Check it out:
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/55745/article.html

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Hey Ed

Are you the one that turned me into the police? I have always stuck up for the stereo.......It is my pride and joy in the car. I defended it to all the young pups that like to go BOOM BOOM.... and said it was a waste of money. Best damn stereo I ever had in a car. If i could just get those coils replaced......you know it is a 2 day job

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
I must admit, I love the Bose stereo too, one of the reasons I wanted the SL trim. Although I DO miss having an MP3 deck.. I had a JVC KD-SH99 in my last car... and that thing was nice.... over 10 albums on 1 cd. Of course, having 6 CD's in dash isn't too shabby either. hehe

·
Silent Runner
307 Posts
Re: Hey Ed

wild willy said:
Are you the one that turned me into the police? I have always stuck up for the stereo.......It is my pride and joy in the car. I defended it to all the young pups that like to go BOOM BOOM.... and said it was a waste of money. Best damn stereo I ever had in a car. If i could just get those coils replaced......you know it is a 2 day job
Mine was made after they fixed the coils... I think?
You'll have to take a course on getting your own way with the Nissan SD.

;)

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
10 on 1

Wow......i gotta get with the times, man that would be nice. Do you have any pics, is there a mp3 that will go in our cars and look good somewhere?

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
Re: 10 on 1

wild willy said:
Wow......i gotta get with the times, man that would be nice. Do you have any pics, is there a mp3 that will go in our cars and look good somewhere?
i'm doing it the easy way. i have a clarion PEQ460 eq that i will use to control the system (2 amps) and it has an aux in. the mp3 player plugs into that - it will be nice to have the option of a portable pluging in to the system. if it would ever warm up here, i could install it all.....

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
Re: 10 on 1

wild willy said:
Here's a site that's been updated fairly recently. It shows most of the models available today.

http://www.highwaymp3.com/front2.htm

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
the stock stereo is the best oem system I've heard, bar none. having a six-disc changer in the dash is great! if i had to nitpick, the bass could be tighter, the car could rattle less and the highs could be a little more detailed. the midrange is awesome, and imaging is very good. these little flaws can be fixed with dynamat (or alternative), good separates and a good amp/sub combo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with you all, awesome stereo. Would you believe that Motor Trend (May 2002) rated the audio system in the Chevrolet Impala (and Camry) better than in the Altima? It comes from the same folks that had high praises for the Altima's cupholders!!! Why do I care to subscribe to such a magazine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.