Nissan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... what kind of academic degree do you have, or are working towards?

Any regrets?

·
Registered
232 Posts
just graduated with my bachelors in Management with a concentration in finance. finding a job with it is proving useless since i dont have any experience or know anyone high up

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
B.S in Marketing

A.A.S in Business Admin

A.A in Honors Studies

Going back in the fall for my M.S.

·
In Soviet Canuckistan
632 Posts
Graduated high school in 2005 in academics and provincial IT diploma (took IT courses that were offered in my school, and the provincial government of Manitoba recognized it and had a special program where it can also be a diploma with the requirements, making it a dual diploma).

Took Electronic Engineering Technology at Red River College, before dropping out of that and switching to Electronic and Network Technician, 3 years later. Finished the course last August at Red River College. It's a one year certificate course.

Working on my Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 640-802 certification, and A+ certification.

·
NOTM - Feb 2010
3,032 Posts
B.S. Sociology, Minored in Business. I regret switching my major so many times in college and graduating with a bunch of useless hours. think i had 150+ hrs.

Working on my Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 640-802 certification, and A+ certification.
GL man, ur gonna make good money when ur done fo sho.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
*certified in exercise science (long time ago)
*AAS science and Math
*BT Automotive Technology (after I get a freakin physics class done :sad:)
* various automotive certifications

·
In Soviet Canuckistan
632 Posts
GL man, ur gonna make good money when ur done fo sho.
Oh definitely. Right now, I work as a field service technician specializing in unified voice and data communications systems. In other words, a telecom technician, and having that certification would definitely benefit me, especially when working for a very small company that has clients ranging both private sector and government agencies.

·
Registered
660 Posts
B.S. in Biology
I will be attending Medical school soon.

Certified Class B firefighter, I'll have class A certification in June.
EMT-B certified.
AMT-CC certification pending till June.

Bunch of other little certifications here and there.

·
It's me!!
930 Posts
cisco is good, a+ is a waste. get msce instead of a+.
The new MCSE certs don't relate to his career direction (the old MCSE doesn't either). I personally would go with CCNA & Security +, as it will open doors for DoD positions. I have A+ & Security+, each can easily be completed in 1-2 months.

·
In Soviet Canuckistan
632 Posts
A+ isn't a priority, but it's a nice to have.

Security is also a great thing to have, but my main focus at the moment is leaning towards VoIP and unified communications, given the nature of my current job.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My A+ cert was useless. Too many people have them [in my area]. I applied for one crappy job position that paid low and there was 40 applicants for that same crappy job. I got the certification for fun though, so I had no loss/regret for getting it.

In my humble experience, you are better off knowing people who can get you through the door.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,197 Posts
Masters Degree in Beer
PHD in Pussy

When I finished those 2 I went on to earn

BS in Environmental Health Science
Minor In Gerontology
Minor in Communications

·
Registered
232 Posts
In my humble experience, you are better off knowing people who can get you through the door.
Exactly. Your degree doesnt even matter, you can end up in a career that has nothing to do with your degree just as long as you know the right people

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
29 Participants
nemiissis
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing