The Nissan Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just a heads up droped my car on eibachs not that long ago.

So I took it in for service as soon as they noticed the car lowered they wanted $140 fee to inspect (never mind the 100k warrenty)
So at the end of this they did not charge me a service fee becouse it was determined as normal not related to the drop.
They also replaced a idler arm with a broken boot at no charge and reset the toe alligment.

So beware of any mods that are not easily removed.
I expected some trouble from the dealer with warrenty and the basic suspension, but not to this level ,to say that rack&pinion was my liability since the car was lowered.
Never mind that it drives and handles better now.

Ass H***** Stealer ship nissan.
So buyer beware of corporate nissan.
Some friends recommended I go to a different dealer ,but after 10years and 5 new cars at the same lacation didn't want to make that change.
The service manager was pretty cool it was the lead service mechanic with a poor attitude.

2014 Altima SS
Let me get this straight. YOU bought a new car from Nissan, that came with booklets in the glove box...one of which was labeled as the 2014 New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The book spells out the coverage, and the limitations of the warranty.

YOU decide to lower your car. YOU have a suspension problem, and now YOU state "Ass H***** Stealer ship nissan."

Take a look at the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED

DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TO ACCIDENTS, MISUSE OR ALTERATIONS

This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion resulting from:
■ Accident, theft, fire, driving through water (including engine water ingestion) or misuse, which includes racing of any sort whatsoever (Proper use is outlined in your OWNER’S MANUAL).
■ Alteration, tampering or improper repair.
■ Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories or components.
■ Improper installation of any Nissan approved or aftermarket accessory or component.
■ Glass breakage, unless resulting from defects in material or workmanship.
■ Normal wear and tear, including dings, dents, chips or scratches.

"So buyer beware of corporate Nissan." Why? Because one of their franchised dealers sold a car to someone who didn't read the Warranty booklet before he modified his car?

Talk about someone not taking responsibility for their actions...

·
Registered
466 Posts
What happened Ca_Ivn , why did you delete the original post ?

Did Throck hurt your feelings by stating the painfully obvious fact that you altered the vehicles suspension . Any you want Nissan to pay for it ?

Tough luck dude, that's an expensive lesson , I hope you learn from it .

Let me clue you in the the first rule of automotive repair...

1. If it ain't broke , don't fix it .

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What happened Ca_Ivn , why did you delete the original post ?

Did Throck hurt your feelings by stating the painfully obvious fact that you altered the vehicles suspension . Any you want Nissan to pay for it ?

Tough luck dude, that's an expensive lesson , I hope you learn from it .

Let me clue you in the the first rule of automotive repair...

1. If it ain't broke , don't fix it .

·
My Other Ride is Your Mom
67 Posts
What about adding larger rims? Wheel diameter is still the same. What would I void with 19 inch summer rims?
It would depend on the dealer regarding the amount of grief they give you and what part(s) fail. Several different vantage points here...

If 19"s are OEM equipment in an Altima trim level for your year, I would argue the dealer shouldn't have an issue with any type of failure. But if the largest OEM wheel available is 17" and the aftermarket 19" wheel you put on is a 30lb boat anchor designed for an SUV, then the dealer could reasonably argue this to be a contributing factor to failed cv shaft/wheel bearings, warped rotors, worn ball-joints, or anything else with wear accelerated by excessive unsprung weight.

Conversely, several dealers in my area install 8" lift kits, ********* wheel/tire packages, spiffy chrome bumpers/winches and TruckNutz on brand new full-size trucks and cover everything with an OEM warranty, albeit at a ridiculously increased price over MSRP. But (hypothetically) if I purchased a brand new truck without these modifications and installed the exact same aftermarket equipment myself (or paid a local shop to do it), I would be willing to wager beau coup dollars they would refuse to warranty any drivetrain or steering issues that arise as a result because I did not pay them to do the work.

That being said, I just purchased Eibach lowering springs and will be adding replacement struts and shocks in the coming weeks since I am nearing 50k miles.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i came here for the popcorn sorry

What about adding larger rims? Wheel diameter is still the same. What would I void with 19 inch summer rims?
if your 19inch wheels prematurely stresses out a suspension component or bushing or your wheel bearing goes back because of it it would be voided (but this is all hypothetical

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.