The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my pro-kit installed today on stock shocks.

when i got it, the salesman told me that it'll drop 1.3 inches all around, but on the fronts, looks more like a 2" drop to me. i had exactly 3 inches of gap between the tire and the fender, but now i only have about 1" of gap left.

any pro-kit users out there, whaddayathink?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been satisfied by the space on the rear wheels, but don't like the space on the front. I've considered lowering just the front to match the rear. No on seems to sell only the front springs. So I'm considering just cutting them. I'm wondering if the amount to cut would increase the spring rate too high-making the stock struts unusable. Has anyone done this?

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u can do a search for "eibach" and find lots of threads about pro-kits and anything related to it. from what i've read, cutting the stock springs sounded like a horrible idea.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Noone has cut them on an '02. Your fronts will be far stiffer than the rears if you cut them, and the chassis will be AFU. The biggest reason for this is that there are only 3 active coils in the front spring, you can't afford to lose one.
You could reweld the lower spring perch 1/2 - 3/4" lower on the strut body, but you lose tire clearance to the perch and this isn't enough anyway. You need a good inch. Just get one of the the Eibach sets.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've cut the rear Eibachs on my old Q45, but I was working with more coils than 3.

If it is that big a deal, get two sets, use the sport-line for the fronts and the pro-lines for the rear.

·
14 Posts
Actual Drop

I measured the height of my car before and after installing the ProKit and my car dropped 1.25" in the front and only .25" in the rear. The look is perfect and the quality of the ride and handling has improved dramically. Don't cut the OE springs, spend the $225 and do it right. You won't regret it.

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
That last reply by MACFAMM gave me what I wanted to know. I like the "just a bit" lowered look while retaining that much needed suspension here in the Northwest. I'll get the Pro Springs. MACFAMM, did you buy new struts? And how does the ride, ride?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.