The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm preparing to install Eibach Pro Lowering Springs & the Rear Camber Bolts on my 14 S model.

I have been unable to find any install info for the rear camber bolts! Can any one here with experience installing these bolts offer any help? Do you need to elongate the holes or do they just bolt in?

Thanks Guys I know someone here has done this.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hello I'm preparing to install Eibach Pro Lowering Springs & the Rear Camber Bolts on my 14 S model.

I have been unable to find any install info for the rear camber bolts! Can any one here with experience installing these bolts offer any help? Do you need to elongate the holes or do they just bolt in?

Thanks Guys I know someone here has done this.
I have some on my Fox Mustang, and the bolts are offset so that you install the bolts, and turn them with a wrench to get added camber.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard they were a pain in the ass to install...

The ones for Eibach are from SPC if I am not mistaken.... their videos might help https://www.youtube.com/user/SPCAlignment/videos
Yes SPC is the manufacture thank you that sent me in the right direction.

I ordered the Pro Lowering Kit and Camber kit from autoanything and after trying to find tech info on the camber kit with no luck I called SPC Alignment and found out the part# listed @ auto anything was wrong ,so I cancelled that and was referenced to either Oreally auto or ultrarev.com and ordered from ultrarev.com part# 72295-SPC its 2 adjustable camber arms that replace the non adjustable oem arms @ $85 each for a total of $170 with shipping included ,almost the cost of the Pro Spring Kit $220.
More expense than I wanted but I drive a lot and don't want to wear out tires.
The entire weekend that I researched this I did not find 1 one line company that listed the correct part . SPC said this is so new its not in catalogs yet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, so the correct method is to install a new adjustable arm. I went through hell trying to swap out camber bolts, on a lift nonetheless. Those arms are expensive. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, so the correct method is to install a new adjustable arm. I went through hell trying to swap out camber bolts, on a lift nonetheless. Those arms are expensive. Thanks for the heads up!
After all my research I'm not sure they even sell a bolt for the 5th generation, all the on line retailers list one as 5th gen but its for the 4th gen 2012 and earlier, maybe that was your struggle, So total cost for the drop is $390 if I new this to start might not of done it ,will still need a alignment in a couple of weeks.
Plan on posting some pics of this install when it happens.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The pos was trying to remove the factory camber bolt. The head of the bolt faces the front of the car, and the nut faces the rear of the car. The bolt was like 4 inches long and I personally couldnt remove without dropping the tank. Too much was involved so I eventually gave up. I would advise you to crawl under your car and scope the job out. Beforehand. Also, rear springs were a pain to me as well, probably because I had a shitty. Internal spring compressor. Cheers bud.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pos was trying to remove the factory camber bolt. The head of the bolt faces the front of the car, and the nut faces the rear of the car. The bolt was like 4 inches long and I personally couldnt remove without dropping the tank. Too much was involved so I eventually gave up. I would advise you to crawl under your car and scope the job out. Beforehand. Also, rear springs were a pain to me as well, probably because I had a shitty. Internal spring compressor. Cheers bud.
So after reading your thread was super curious so I pulled the wheel again and yes the bolt you refer to would need the gas tank removed to do.

Both the caster arm bolts are assailable for removal nothing in the way , the back one is in a bit of a tighter spot on the front side but nothing there to hinder removal, I also purchased a strut spring compressor $41 from sears to do this job ,that will be done on my flat driveway in the shade, no reward to pay someone else to do it, also almost keeps it affordable this way.
This is getting fairly involved for a small drop, but keeps it drivable that way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hate to do this to you, but consider at the minimal, about changing the front struts wth some kyb fro rockauto. Your going to have the front Springs copresseed, so go ahead and put new struts in now, instead of later.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New camber bars arrived today ,as you can see there is some major adjustment to them by the length of the slots. $170 for both too the door compared to $110 for 2 sets of bolts that still don't provide enough camber.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Those bolts look just like the bolts on the Mustang camber kit.

Are you all saying there isn't enough room to get the bolts out of the arm?

I ran into that on my fathers 73 POS vette. I had to cut the HARDENED factory bolt off to get it out. I can't even remember how I got the new bolt back in [on the rear lower control arm IRS suspension.].

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got them installed by a mechanic in my '10 SR not too long ago. It took them about hour and a half with the alignment. No extra parts were needed. The car was able to get perfect wheel alignment and everything in the green. The price for the bolts was $75

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hate to do this to you, but consider at the minimal, about changing the front struts wth some kyb fro rockauto. Your going to have the front Springs copresseed, so go ahead and put new struts in now, instead of later.
Do you recommend KYB struts? I was thinking KYB or Gabriele but wasnt sure what is best

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those bolts look just like the bolts on the Mustang camber kit.

Are you all saying there isn't enough room to get the bolts out of the arm?

I ran into that on my fathers 73 POS vette. I had to cut the HARDENED factory bolt off to get it out. I can't even remember how I got the new bolt back in [on the rear lower control arm IRS suspension.].
Ninga was saying in order to install just cam bolts you need to drop the gas tank to remove or install the bolt on the front side of the car.

The SPC Camber Bar installed in about 20min and has a massive amount of adjustment , I took a measurement from frame to caliper to try and simulate proper camber until I get a alignment.
The only con was it adjust so much that I needed to bend one bracket for the abs sensor wire to ensure enough play ,minor detail once camber was set this was not necessary.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Tito
I got them installed by a mechanic in my '10 SR not too long ago. It took them about hour and a half with the alignment. No extra parts were needed. The car was able to get perfect wheel alignment and everything in the green. The price for the bolts was $75

Yeal the design has changed in the newer generation 2013+ that no longer works

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ninga was saying in order to install just cam bolts you need to drop the gas tank to remove or install the bolt on the front side of the car.

The SPC Camber Bar installed in about 20min and has a massive amount of adjustment , I took a measurement from frame to caliper to try and simulate proper camber until I get a alignment.
The only con was it adjust so much that I needed to bend one bracket for the abs sensor wire to ensure enough play ,minor detail once camber was set this was not necessary.
Calvin, great news about the ease of installment! How did you fare with removing and replacing the rear springs? I know it was a pain in the ass for me, even having the car on a lift. Thumbs up man!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts