The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car last Friday from Maximum Tuning in Glen Cove - the owner Jeff installed my Eibach Prokit - he is a very nice guy and I am very pleased with the Performance so far
The car looks great (well it did before too) , but now it looks even better, more aggressive, The Eibach Prokit lowered the great, I love it, the front probably went down by around 1.5 inches back went down by one inch

I was told with the Prokit I really dont need an alignment, so far the car drives straight and it handles much better especially in curves. I will monitor it and see down the road if I need an allignment.

Question for the Forum: Like I said I love the springs, but I hear like a "clunk " noise pretty much everytime I turn the wheels all the way in to make a turn. I had springs before in other cars, I am thinking that is normal, but might not be. I checked the springs but they all seem to be where they are supposed to be.
But like I said I hear the "clunk" noise when I turn the wheels hard
Any IDEA would that could be?

·
say when.....
1,504 Posts
Congrats on your Pro-Kit!

Mine never made a noise like that. I think you should take her back to the shop, and see what they tell you.

As far as the alignment is concerned..............anytime you mess w/ suspension, you need to get an alignment done.

Good luck bro, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
franzd said:

Question for the Forum: Like I said I love the springs, but I hear like a "clunk " noise pretty much everytime I turn the wheels all the way in to make a turn. I had springs before in other cars, I am thinking that is normal, but might not be. I checked the springs but they all seem to be where they are supposed to be.
I had a sound like that. Kept getting worse especially while turning or going over bumps. The nuts on top of the struts had loosened. Tightened them and the sound is gone. That might not be what is wrong with yours but worth checking.

You really should get your car aligned.

·
Knight Davion
542 Posts
I have the same noise coming from the front as well. I brought it back and it was ok for a while and now its starting up again. I have to check the struts like chrisschnider said.

·
Jackpot Member
1,576 Posts
same problem here. tightening the bolts made the noise go away but it seems to be on its way back. have to tighten again to see if it fixes the problem. if so i may just put some sort of gasket or washer in to take up the slack from being lowered. hoping that will solve the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I lowered my car by 2 inche's and it's fine it never makes any noise like that you might want another mech to look at it if there giving you the runaround cuz that's ur baby take care of it cuz no one else will

·
Don't Mess with Texas
743 Posts
franzd said:
I picked up my car last Friday from Maximum Tuning in Glen Cove - the owner Jeff installed my Eibach Prokit - he is a very nice guy and I am very pleased with the Performance so far
The car looks great (well it did before too) , but now it looks even better, more aggressive, The Eibach Prokit lowered the great, I love it, the front probably went down by around 1.5 inches back went down by one inch

I was told with the Prokit I really dont need an alignment, so far the car drives straight and it handles much better especially in curves. I will monitor it and see down the road if I need an allignment.

i used to hear it too. but i dont think i hear it anymore come to think of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts