The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of SportLines for x-mas for my 3.5.

I just wanted to make sure they got me the right ones.

It said the following on the box:

Sportline 4.6063

UPC 803050198723

Can anyone confirm that this is the right ones for my car?

I am getting them installed tomorow.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are the correct size for the 3.5, the universal part number is 4.6063, I got mine off ebay, should get them any day now...169. 25 shipped to the house....Whooo hoooo

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its jigga james said:
Let it settle then take it to a shop to get it aligned.
OK. How long should it take to settle? I drive on average 100 miles a day.

I thought I read some threads that said to get it aligned right after getting them installed.

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
initial settling

will occur in the first couple weeks, then the car MAY settle some more (mine did) a few months later. I had mine aligned about 10 days or so after lowering. no tire wear problems to date (18k miles ago) just rotate them alot as lowering puts strain on all parts of the suspension and may cause unforeseen problems.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: initial settling

snolden said:
will occur in the first couple weeks, then the car MAY settle some more (mine did) a few months later. I had mine aligned about 10 days or so after lowering. no tire wear problems to date (18k miles ago) just rotate them alot as lowering puts strain on all parts of the suspension and may cause unforeseen problems.
Thanks,

I'll get an alignment in 2 weeks. Is there anything else that I should do? Do I need to get a camber kit?

·
driven
1,110 Posts
It has been said that sportline drops should use a camber kit. the kit is only like $35 so it will pay for itself by saving your tires. Can't remember the name of the manufacturer of the kit but do a search and you should find it no problem.

Got any pics posted?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bakes said:
It has been said that sportline drops should use a camber kit. the kit is only like $35 so it will pay for itself by saving your tires. Can't remember the name of the manufacturer of the kit but do a search and you should find it no problem.

Got any pics posted?
Sorry no pics yet. Too cold out.

I found the site for Ingalls, but not sure which one I would need:
3542 Altima 02 Front +/- 1° $23
3542PR Altima 02 Front +/- 2° $46

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/ingalls.htm

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
VirtualOutlook said:
Sorry no pics yet. Too cold out.

I found the site for Ingalls, but not sure which one I would need:
3542 Altima 02 Front +/- 1° $23
3542PR Altima 02 Front +/- 2° $46

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/ingalls.htm

I think, but dont hold me to it.. you would need the: 3542PR Altima 02 Front +/- 2° $46 kit.. because you have the sportlines which is a bigger drop...

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
one degree

kit will work but it it will be at the outside of its adjustment capabilities. I went without a camber kit and ended up with slight negative camber outside of factory specs on the rear. no excessive tire wear. handling is not noticeably different (other than the drop) either with the out of spec camber

I was about a 1/2 degree outside of spec

1 - 12 of 12 Posts