The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Eibach Springs installed a little over a month ago, and I've been more than pleased with the performance, and looks. After driving it for so long, the "slight" difference in ride height pleased me very much, but now (as with everyone) the time has finally come that I would like to go lower. The entire reason I went with the Eibachs, however, was because I live in Michigan. Not only are the roads horribly rough here, but I also must drive my Alty in the winter months. I have been exploring different options for my ride now that I have gotten my springs and wanted to go lower. My true question was, is there going to be any way that I can possibly go lower with the same Eibach Springs. I wasn't sure if Coilovers or Ground Controls would be an option. I would appreciate any ideas and/or products to help me out with my dilemma. Thanks a lot.

·
I hate my Altima.
456 Posts
^^
bump

someone help this dude out

All i know is the facts, i dont have any personal experiences tho. . .

1.7 in drop - intrax street
1.3 in drop - suspension techniques street
2.0 in drop - sprint L ow street

I also hear ground controls drop it 2.0, but im not sure. . ..

I think 1.2 inches is FINE, no need to go lower, expecially if the roads in ur area suck.

-Wisky

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
if u wanna keep those eibachs, you can either cut coils or use spring clamps. Otherwise, look for some other brand springs. sorry for not giving more info.
Jay

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks a lot for the information. I don't get many replies from these types of posts dealing with lowering when I've ALREADY got the equipment. I would like to ask you this though; I'm not too sure what Spring Clamps are. If you could throw an explanation/brand name my way that'd be great. Thanks again.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
Don't use spring clamps. It's almost as bad as cutting them. Ground Control coilovers are an option, they offer an adjustable drop from 1-4" down. That setup costs around $400, I believe.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Godzildo said:
Don't use spring clamps. It's almost as bad as cutting them. Ground Control coilovers are an option, they offer an adjustable drop from 1-4" down. That setup costs around $400, I believe.
exactly right on both points. thanx Godzildo.
Clamps are thingies that "clamp" 2 coils of your springs together, easily lowering the car. but it's just the same as cutting them...you start bottoming out and get a bouncy ride. dont' do it.
get another set of springs...it's pretty much your only good choice.
or have someone heavy ride shotgun and get a sub box for the trunk. that'll lower like .5" Heh.
Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts