The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My eibachs are consistently making thunking noises over uneven road.. say entering a plaza or entering a driveway. its not bottoming out either. Or when i make a u-turn it still makes the thunking noise. Is this normal for eibachs? I dont feel like driving and having one of my suspension components fail on me. Not fun.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
lift it up and see if they were installe properly

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
its jigga james said:
My eibachs are consistently making thunking noises over uneven road.. say entering a plaza or entering a driveway. its not bottoming out either. Or when i make a u-turn it still makes the thunking noise. Is this normal for eibachs? I dont feel like driving and having one of my suspension components fail on me. Not fun.
If I remember correctly, when I installed mine.. they popped for a couple weeks until they were completely settled.. I know you recently had them installed so, I would wait a couple weeks (2 at the most) and see if it goes away.. otherwise the only thing I could imagine is wrong is 1 or maybe even 2 of your springs were not correctly seated when put back in the strut...

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
tekie99 said:
now that I think about it, the only pop I ever got, was when I was making u-turns, and it went away after a couple weeks..
normal, just they werent seated right, the guy was in a hurry doing my sisters and that happened to hers. But they took their time on my car and it came out right, the first time.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Go back to the shop, let em handle it.

When I let Discount Tire Center do my sisters car, there was some little prong things that held the spring in the center, hard to explain, anyways, they had bent all the prongs inwards, so I took it back and they gave me some BS excuse about how it was ok, they took the springs off, fixed it and problem solved. Lesson of that is, dont listen to their bs all time, so make sure they look at it and its right when its done.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JBL85 said:
Go back to the shop, let em handle it.

When I let Discount Tire Center do my sisters car, there was some little prong things that held the spring in the center, hard to explain, anyways, they had bent all the prongs inwards, so I took it back and they gave me some BS excuse about how it was ok, they took the springs off, fixed it and problem solved. Lesson of that is, dont listen to their bs all time, so make sure they look at it and its right when its done.
Should I wait a little longer though?

·
Banned
942 Posts
that happened to me too, just let it settle in. or you could try putting some grease ontop of the springs. my klunking noise went away after a week or 2

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stav|os said:
that happened to me too, just let it settle in. or you could try putting some grease ontop of the springs. my klunking noise went away after a week or 2
Did it sound like a thunk when you turn it all the way and you turn it back it thunks again.. sounds like something jumps out of place and then jumps back in place when you turn it back to normal..

·
Kingpin
646 Posts
Try a search under 02silverse on popping noise and you'll see my 'lil write up with the same problem. Mine did the same noise mainly while turning. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JBL85 said:
James, is it comming from the back for sure?
Its from the front two. Not the back, And i'm like 80% sure its the front. When I turn the front wheels, and it thunks, I can feel it in my steering wheel sometimes. Annoying.. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts