The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what's up with my 98 GXE - 68K miles - all stock.

Last week the power locks would open and close on their own. This happend 4-5 times at different times. :confused2

This weekend I was driving at night and the dash & radio display lights started turning off and come back on again - staying off for several minutes. Thank God the headlights weren't being affected.

Anyway, as a first step I had the battery checked today and it was fine, anybody have any thoughts??

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Yeah, you may need to get a new smart entrance control module.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Serrano & SexyGXE - I think that you were right on the dimmer switch. I was able to turn the wheel a hair on the dimmer and the interior lights have stopped cuttting out. That's not to say that the unit isn't crapping out. The ghost locking/unlocking on the doors seems to have stopped for now. I guess I'll look into replacing the smart module when it begins to become more annoying. Thanks again....................................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have pricing and part number information for this Smart Entrance Control
Module? I assume that the module is located in the Driver's side door, is it easily removable. Can it be disassembled easily to find any faults (broken contacts, corosion, etc...)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts