The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goto My homepage
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout 4 months ago, my dash lights stopped working. before that it was the dome light didnt come on when i opened the door. Now i realized the lights behind the climate controls dont work. I can usually figure stuff out, but can't this time. I thought it might have been a fuse but cant tell for the dash/a/c control, but i know the dome light isint burnt out, b/c it still lights up when turned on. So checked all fuses and couldn't find blown one, now i need help. What should i do/look for to fix this trash?

·
DIY User
657 Posts
the dash lights could be burnt out, if so thats nothing big, not the fact the climate control lights are out to makes me thing make there is somehting wrong with the ill. line . have you tried opening all the doors, because that was happening to me on and the rubber jackets on the fronts door sensors were ripped and they stopped the sensor from opening so the dome only came on when the back doors opened, and thats was obiously an easy fix.

·
Goto My homepage
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are the bulbs at? i had taken off the dash and put on the indiglo gauges, dont dont remember seeing them. And when i put a new cd player in i did hook up the ill/ wire to something, would that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
the bulbs for the dash are in little twist-in sockets on the back side of the gauge cluster.

What year is your car? 2nd gens have a "smart entry control" box that controls the dome light, if that goes bad the light wont turn on when the door is opened, but will still work if you manually turn it on. (if that is your problem and you find a cheap source for one could you let me know... i need one).

The climate control is strange... could be just burned out bulbes... but its strange that so many dash lights would go in such a short ammount of time.

I think the best thing to do is replace the ones in the guage cluster, see if they burn out or stay working. If they are ok then replace the ones in the climate control. I say wait on the climate control because they are a little tougher to replace than the ones in the gauge cluster.

Now its time for me to pimp my own thread:)... Why not replace them with LEDs when your doing it... Looks really cool, and you can do practically any color you want, check my thread in the FAQ for a how-to:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts