The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DJ QUIK
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, while driving home on the freeway, I was listening to my radio. I had my cruise control on and I decided to slow down so I canceled it by pressing the button on the steering wheel. well, when I pressed the button the radio turned off for a second and then turned itself back on and resumed to play. The antennea went down when it turned off and my lights were still on so it wasn't the entire electrical system. After it came back on it was normal for a while then I went to turn on my a/c and it did the same thing again. Also, sometimes when I applied the brake and gas it would do it too. Anyways, this morning when I went out to my car it started right up but none of the electrical worked right away. the radio didn't come on, the door open bell didn't ring, none of the lights on the gagues came on, but the car idled strongly and normally, after a few minutes of sitting the electical came on and everything was fine. Has anyone had any experiences like this and what could it be? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can't tell ya exactly what it is, but it's one of two things. Either a bad relay or a bad main connection. If you can do it yourself, take apart your dash and follow wires. That will usually lead you right to the problem. If that don't work, break out the voltometer. Hope this helps.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
Sounds like you have a wire-gap somewhere between your battery/alternator and your electrical accessories.

None of the accessories will work, but once the alternator and battery build up a larger potential, the 12V needed to drive your accessories can arc across the break in the copper-path... similar to HID electrical arc, jumping across the contacts through the gas.

Just an idea... I don't have any ideas on how to fix this except breaking out the volt meter/multimeter... but you'd want something that measures current.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts