The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my engine today, but I did cover the alternator and air filter with a towel, so why is my engine all f*cked up? I hit the gas and its like acceleration is on/off/on/off/on really quickly and when I floor it, it takes forever to switch gears....

I accidentally got water in one of the spark plugs but i got it all out earlier, and I drove the car for around for at least a half hour....and its still running like shit...what do i do???

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm, i drove around for a half hour, isn't that the same thing....anyone else got an idea>?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yeah, drive it around till everything is nice and hot. Then shut off the engine and pull the spark plug wires cuz there's probably water in those wells.
bogging's pretty common after washing the engine...happened to me too.
Jay

·
Banned
0 Posts
even though you drove around, certain parts of the engine will get hotter than others.....day what Jay said, thats what I was intially trying to get at....drive, unplug the wires, and see what happens.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
i wanna wash mine, do u think i will be able to tell a difference???
what else besides water do i use to clean?? like a degreaser??

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I like simple green. degreaser works too. there's engine cleaner sprays you can buy. I've tried 3 brands (don't remember names) but they're crappy compared to simple green. If I wasn't so cheap, I woulda bought good engine cleaner.
Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts