The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guy's use to clean your engine bay? I'm trying to get my engine bay looking nice. I know about hoses and ish but I don't know how to get it to stop looking all brown and shit.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Heavy duty citrus engine degreaser, about 5 cans of it. I spray it, let it work on it a bit, then scrub with a brush. Spray it off with water, and let the car run for 20 minutes. Then I spray engine finish on it, which kicks ass BTW. It makes the engine shine so much, my friends thought it was wet when I popped the hood, then they touched it and realized everything was dry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Simple green 50-50 w/ water in a spray bottle. A rag or brush if necessary. And then rinse of course. Couple times a year on a hot day.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
pretty_dayne said:
Do they sell these products at Trak Auto and Pep Boys and ish?
they should. If you get degreaser, make sure it's citrus or else your car will stink for a week, and that's it's not a foam degreaser, but a liquid one. Doesn't matter who makes it, I've tried Gunk and Motomaster and it's the same shit. And the engine finish is pretty much the same thing whoever makes it, but trust me use the whole can, your engine will look kickass after it. Oh yeah, don't forget to cover your battery terminals, alternator and distributor if it's your first time.

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95_XE said:
Oh yeah, don't forget to cover your battery terminals, alternator and distributor if it's your first time.
Cover them wth what?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I dont know if anyone has tried this but paint thinner proly works very well and is cheep just be carfull where you use it.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
John2364 said:
I dont know if anyone has tried this but paint thinner proly works very well and is cheep just be carfull where you use it.
I wouldn't let that anywhere near my engine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts