The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm really curious as to what everyone is using to clean their engines. I want to bring mine back to life as much as I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keeping the car engine clean is one of the most necessary tasks for every car owner because only a clean engine can provide the best performance. An engine can be dirty by grease, oil, dust, and other forms of dirt. If you are in a problem with a dirty engine, my recommendation for you to buy an engine degreaser. This would not only make your car engine aesthetically appealing but would improve the efficiency and performance of your car engine because engine degreaser makes your engine run better and last longer. I am also using an engine degreaser. If you want so, you can visit Best Engine Degreaser Reviews 2020 | Know Before Buying. It was helpful for me.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You guys are so full of crap. I never clean my engines and they run perfect year after year. In fact, if you use any water pressure at all in the act of cleaning you commonly get past the 'weatherproof' seals on all the electrical and then life can be utter hell when the cars act up again and again after you did the work. Anything that removes grease also tends to remove necessary oils from rubber parts and that is a bad thing leading up to rubber part deterioration faster than before. Most degreasers are alkali based and then corrode any metal electrical contacts they touch much faster.

I like clean engines too, they look boss but if you relax to let actual engine running get worse in lieu of a clean motor, well, that is a mistake of the highest order.

'...only a clean engine can provide the best performance.'

Laughing pretty hard at that one. Thinking about all the street races we used to get simply by opening the hood on one of the AMX race cars to instantly get a bet over the dirty engine we showed there, we didn't clean it on purpose. Then watch a 390 inch AMX stomp the crap out of a 454 Camaro by outpulling it in HIGH GEAR by a mile.

Ah, those were the days.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts