The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sHIFT_3.5SeR YAA!!
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. yesterday i was cleaning the inside motor and stuff.. I had unplugged the mass air flow sensor so i can clean without the wiring in the way...
i forgot about it and when i was finished i turned on my alty to park back into the garage... thats when i rememberd to reconect the sensor but by then the "SERVICE ENGINE" light of doom! appeared.. anyways.. I tried unplugging the battery overnight to see if it would reset itself. but nah.. its still there..
is there anything else i can do..

·
614 Posts
Nemrosim said:
Hey all.. yesterday i was cleaning the inside motor and stuff.. I had unplugged the mass air flow sensor so i can clean without the wiring in the way...
i forgot about it and when i was finished i turned on my alty to park back into the garage... thats when i rememberd to reconect the sensor but by then the "SERVICE ENGINE" light of doom! appeared.. anyways.. I tried unplugging the battery overnight to see if it would reset itself. but nah.. its still there..
is there anything else i can do..
U may have other things that went wrong, besides tthe MAF, i would take it to the dealer, and not say nething, and let them hookup a scan tool and pull the codes. Since u still have a warranty. But u may want to drive it, nd see if the code clears, as long as the car doesn't drive funky.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Re: Re: Engine Light..

BJS 3.5 SE said:
U may have other things that went wrong, besides tthe MAF, i would take it to the dealer, and not say nething, and let them hookup a scan tool and pull the codes. Since u still have a warranty. But u may want to drive it, nd see if the code clears, as long as the car doesn't drive funky.
Haha, you are gonna scare him, I dont think anything went wrong, car just retards timing so that no damage happens, main reason the light comes on.

·
614 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Engine Light..

JBL85 said:
Haha, you are gonna scare him, I dont think anything went wrong, car just retards timing so that no damage happens, main reason the light comes on.
The light comes on when the computer sees a sensor input the isn't correct, or when it does a self check and the component its checkin out fails. Thats how the OB2 operating system works.
Just because the MIL comes on it doesn't mean the computer pulls back timing. It still may run in closed loop, like when a evap system code is set..
Yea i think ur right, but there could be a hundred different reasons the lights on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts