The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need to replace my engine mounts for my 2008 2.5L Altima. My Haynes manual unclear no pictures or any reference.

How many mounts are there? I count 3 but I have seen reference to 4.

does anyone have an exploded view of all the engine mounts?

Thanks!:nerd

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Bumping......
Click on the FSM's link in my .sig. Select your year. Choose appropriate section (look for fwd.pdf or idx or index.pdf for Rosetta stone). Probably want Engine Mechanical (em.pdf) or similar. Look in the Engine Removal section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Doug, was not able to locate. Still searching...given how these are prone to failure I am surprised how difficult of a time I am having locating exploded views.

·
6,365 Posts
Thanks Doug, was not able to locate. Still searching...given how these are prone to failure I am surprised how difficult of a time I am having locating exploded views.
Page EM-72

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Doug!

Looks like you have been down this path before. wondering if I could get just a bit of advice from you on the remaining mounts.

I have replaced the simple top right mount (vibe is better and it was shot) but still get vibration in neutral. Should I attempt to replace the remaining three or are there ones that seem to hold up better typically than the others? I know that one of the lowers is a PITA to replace.

Thank you!

·
6,365 Posts
I have the 3.5 with MT so it's a bit different from the usual 2.5 auto. I also had the dealer replace all the mounts before I bought it (used). I know they spent 6 hours fighting with the rear mount... There are loads of threads and vids on how to do this, and I knew after watching and reading that without a lift and a torch the physics and rust would defeat me. Besides the dealer seemed eager to have it gone and didn't charge me for them. Win-win.

Suggest you at least inspect your mounts for obvious signs of deterioration, but usually once one has gone the others tend to fail more rapidly. You should also have the engine cradle bushings inspected as they can go too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Doug. That's why I was looking for input from other 2.5l guys that have done this. Top engine bay mint inspection requires enough disassembly that I will just replace them. The one lower mount is the real PITA. Surprise that I have not seen any other input on this topic as it looks like it's a very common problem. I guess most people pay to have the done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts