The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a discussion with my father who is big into cars and is a mechanical genius. How has the engine by changed in the 2002 compared to the previous Altima 98 and up?

Also, are the engine mounts the same? Why am I asking? Because I can't afford a new car, however my father seems to think that it is possible to salvage one of the 6 junked 2002's in our area, and remove the engine from it; if at the very least the engine mounts are the same.

However, it's going to take a long hard study of the electrical system and the harnesses and all that jazz..but if the engine mounts aren't the same..then I suppose it's not worth tryin'.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
So the new Altima has been out what, 6 weeks....and you already have 6 junked ones in your area???

Kevin

·
Banned
0 Posts
the engine mounts are different for the 3rd gen.....they are liquid filled, not hard rubber like the first 2 gens....only the second car company to do this. allegedly

6 junked 2002? do you live near the plant or something?

·
10,373 Posts
I HIGHLY doubt you would be able to fit the v6 inot a 98. With alot of modifications, you can def. fit the i4 in there. But why do that when you could swap in the sr20de (t) engine much easier?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chris said:
I HIGHLY doubt you would be able to fit the v6 inot a 98. With alot of modifications, you can def. fit the i4 in there. But why do that when you could swap in the sr20de (t) engine much easier?
I wonder who in this forum has successfully swapped a SR20DE (T) engine. It seems this is only a theory..:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts