The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody.

try to describe my problem. Sorry my English, don't hesitate ask me if something is not clear.
My car's motor sometimes unexpectedly stalls. It happens independently if the car running or iddle. Sometimes before my car stalls I hear and feel jerks sometimes I hear nothing. 5-10 minutes after the car stalled I couldn't start engine. If I try I feel some engine detonation. In 5-10 minutes engine starts and running till next stall. That happens once a week, sometimes several times a day.

Please help.[email protected]

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
This could be a few things. But more than likely, it's the fuel injectors. You can get them cleaned, for about $90. It makes a huge difference. I'd take it to a trusty mechanic and see what they say.

Sorry, if i'm not much help

·
projected member
919 Posts
proably the distributor making it die. i highly doubt it's the injectors. the detonation is prolly the engine missing. also prolly the air flow meter

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
do you use Chevron gas?

I tried it and my car wanted to stall at every light... stopped using it, never stalled again...

·
Returning Member
137 Posts
I had the same problem. I thought the car wasn't getting any gas, so I changed the fuel filter (twice), still problem exist. Poured some premium fuel injector cleaner, still problem exist. Turns out the electronic modual in the distributor went out. Got new distributor and runs great...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts