The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to catch you up to date on what the hell is going on here, check out this post.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54164

Well, I now have an engine which has been swapped out of a 97 alty. I thought the previous shop that repaired the timing chain just forgot to replace the seal that goes around the spark plug holes (causing severe damage due to oil lose) They're def. getting their ass sued now. They didn't make a mistake, they just did a sh*t job to make me have to come back. Now I'm pissed and they'll suffer because of it!! (the new shop that swapped the engine gave me the old valve cover, TB, injectors, etc...kinda cool.) I've attached a pic of what the seal we found in my valve cover looked like...Holy Sh*t Batman!!!

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Where did you go to get this work done. I used to live in Tally and my old roommate brought his caddy to aamco up there and they cracked his engine block from doing a half assed job on his tranny. They said it was like that when he brought it in. Fucking bastards

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sh*t work was performed by Roger Clemmons Super Service Center in Panama City, Fl

The new guys that fixed it are awesome..Quality Auto Repair of Bay County! :) They are also willing to help me out in court.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
damn that sux

btw, are those seals the part that prevents oil from getting to the plugs? or is the the valve cover gasket too

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The valve cover gasket had been replaced (well...they used the old one which was in good condition, at least they put it on) This is just the piece that prevents oil from getting to the plugs (which is a pretty important f**king piece).

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SolacE said:
Well thats exactly what you had thought happened when we spoke a few weeks ago...

OMG.....Yeah, I knew they had screwed up the seals somewhow, but I would have NEVER imagined this!! And to top it off, they admit fault (in writing) and refuse to pay for the damages, not even a refund, meet the rath of my attorney!!:grabblue:

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Odirt said:

why would anyone admit fault and not repair the damage they caused???:confused: :azzhole:

I have no earthly idea!!! Maybe stupidity!!!! I have in writing from the vice president of the corporation that their mechanic failed to properly replace the valve cover seals. They won't even refund my money or pay for my towing expenses. To top it off, this letter from the VP went through the BBB and then to me!!!! I'm astonished:confused: :eek:

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Odirt said:
it doesn't seem right for it to go through the BBB then to you, with no action taken!!!good luck in court. i hope they get hung by their manhood!

The BBB is just a mediator, they can't do jack sh*t, they're a worthless middle man, never waste your time with them!!!

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My attorney is now being an asshole too, I fired him today, I felt like hitting him!!!

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I got a new attorney today....YAY

The military attorneys (JAG) I have can't represent me in a civilian court :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts