what engines could fit in my 1995 altima incase i need to do that at some point

please post ur thoughts

neo

ps hey guys i love how the lips look on your cars

98se and solace !!!!!!

·
KA24DER...soon!
211 Posts
You know, you could shove in the KA24E, which is the old KingCab engine, but you'd have less horsepower and you'd have wasted your money, but you asked what engines could fit in your Altima. You never specified if you wanted a better or worse performing engine.

More lower (at stock level) performing engines that you could swap in:
GA16DS
SR20DE
SR18DE
CD20

You could swap these in with some modifications:
CA18i
CA18DE
SR18Di
SR20VE
CA18DET-R

Be careful for what you ask for.
:D

·
hard on equipment
714 Posts
How much $$ are you planning on spending? If you just want an engine that runs, just get another KA24DE, the stock Altima engine. It's pretty much bulletproof, and properly maintained it will last over 200k miles.
The only immediately feasible non-OEM swap is going to be the SR20DET from a Bluebird or Pulsar GTi-R, but it should cost around $6000 to do, parts and labor, possibly more.

·
Incognito
1,388 Posts
buy the KA, buy forged pistons, and connecting rods. your engine will be bored out and you'll smoke most any other alty that isnt turboed. It'll be cheaper than buying a SR, and you'll be able to drive it sooner too. when you have the money, buy a turbo kit and crank it up to 20 psi...

·
KA24DER...soon!
211 Posts
CT -

Are you saying the KA block can handle 20psi? if so, shoot, then I might as well abandon my SR20 swap project.

what is the max hp the KA block can produce at the maximum boost level it can tolerate? has that even been tried on a KA block? what's the highest psi pushed through on a KA block? anyone know?

·
KA24DER...soon!
211 Posts
really? 385 whp? that would be...6 carry the 1...462 hp at the flywheel? hmm, pretty impressive...now i need a link so i can investigate the options...

thanks in advance

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Hey neo,

Why don't you try to get a KA24DE from the 2000/2001 Altima's, and work from there?

edit:
Also get the auto tranny from a 00/01. I think they're geared a bit more agressively than the other autos. You'll probably also need the ECU.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts