The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine tries to stall on hard acceleration in sport mode:

Lately when I flip the shifter in sport and floor the car simultaneously (literally same time) the car just dives like it's going to stall, it doesn't rev, it doesn't go at all in fact, like someone turned off the fuel pump. I let off the gas about 1-2 full seconds and it's fine again but it causes me to slow down abruptly without brake lights on and pisses people off and puts my life in danger since I was trying to get out of the way in the first place. The only pattern I see so far is that I'm already moving 30 or 40mph in regular drive just before it happens. It has never happened when I was already in Ds or stay in D. It has to be accelerating hard and shifting at the same time.

Anybody else have this happen? Or am I about to need a tranny? Is it traction control?

I need to move my dash cam so I can see what's going on with my gauges. Everytime this has happened I was moving for an ambulance, or trying to get on the highway up a hill, or get into a faster lane from behind a tractor trailer that wasn't making it up a steep hill on the highway. So I've been looking around trying to see if I would get rear ended.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is going into a lower gear ratio I believe but its also cutting my throttle. When I hit the overdrive off button it's never done that.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It hasn't happened again. Maybe temperature related. Who knows. Did you have the issue?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait..... just after I posted this I remembered I had an issue with the shipping fee is a few months prior. The dealership said they work themselves loose when hitting potholes. I pushed out my shipping fuse to make sure I wasn't walking out when I hammer on it. That might have helped.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wait..... just after I posted this I remembered I had an issue with the shipping fuse just a few months prior. The dealership said they work themselves loose when hitting potholes. I pushed out my shipping fuse to make sure I wasn't walking out when I hammer on it. That might have helped.

Extended Storage Switch (ESS) is located in the driver side dash fuse panel. ESS is a removable fuse that when pulled out disables several electrical functions. Vehicles are shipped to dealers with the fuse pulled out to retain battery charge. Dealerships are required to push in the fuse prior to customer delivery.

BCM Transit Mode is a Body Control Module setting that also disables vehicle electronic features. Vehicles are shipped to dealers with the BCM transit mode enabled. Dealerships are required to disable the BCM transit mode prior to customer delivery.

Vehicles are delivered to the dealer with the above features enabled. With these features enabled the vehicle may have the following conditions (systems not working):

Hazard lights stay on for 1 minute (both turn indicators stay lit on meter)
Homelink inoperative (garage door opener located in rearview mirror can not be programmed)
Combination Meter Illumination (center gauge dimly lit)
Key fob inoperative (keyless remotes do not lock or unlock doors/trunk)
Heater/air conditioning blower stuck onhigh (default position when vehicle is started)
Heater/air conditioning unable to retain temperature setting memory
Clock inoperative
Interior lights inoperative
Fog lamp inoperative
Panic alarm inoperative

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/20...2-5-3-5/332815-what-storage-transit-mode.html

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are so sure it doesn't cause any issue then pull yours out. I have experience with it, the car won't start with it out. And please do it while you're on a curvy highway so we don't have to see your stupid posts anymore where you copy and paste shit that doesn't disprove what we say.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If you are so sure it doesn't cause any issue then pull yours out. I have experience with it, the car won't start with it out. And please do it while you're on a curvy highway so we don't have to see your stupid posts anymore where you copy and paste shit that doesn't disprove what we say.
1. Did I say anything that led you to believe that I was "so sure it doesn't cause any issue?" I did not give my opinion.

2. I have no idea why your car does not accelerate in Sport mode.

3. Please forgive me, I forgot that you have an aversion to reading factual, truthful information, with a link to further information. Sorry. I posted the information sort as an FYI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts