The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got a front end alignment and dont know why but now the damn thing wont go past 2500 rpms?! has anyone ever had this happen? the guys at the shop i was at said my cats may be clogged

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats strange. usually the only time you go into limp mode it comes with a check engine light. limp mode is so you dont melt the cats. if all you did was get an alignment there is something strange there. look and make sure they didnt mess with anything.

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,274 Posts
Check the ECU for any codes just in case. The ECU will usually store a "Stand-by" code if a problem happens but isn't serious or it magically fixes itself. If the problem happens again, then it'll shoot you the light. I'd check and make sure there aren't any of those. But I'm leaning towards the MAF being the culprit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mas air flow is what i was getting at. there nortorius for failing. mine failed in the middle of a money racw one time. needless to say that turned into an expensive lrace

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But I'm leaning towards the MAF being the culprit.
mas air flow is what i was getting at. there nortorius for failing. mine failed in the middle of a money racw one time. needless to say that turned into an expensive lrace
how much is a new MAF gonna set me back? hopefully not too much??? :pray::pray::pray:

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
7,428 Posts
200 at the junkyard. try n get it warrantied.

·
Registered
534 Posts
See this happens to me not very offent but it does happen ill goto limp mode and not get a SES light or a CEL light... I have not been able to find what is causng this... I did get a SES/CEL light and they said it was my egr vavle was messed up but that couldnt possible causing it??

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so its not doing it anymore but my bro disconnected the MAF and it did exactly what the problem was. only now the SES light is on even after he reconnected it. is it eventually going to go off or am i stuck with that damn thing being on forever???

·
Registered
6 Posts
The MAF on my 05 SE R recently went out at 41k miles. I would try and check with your dealer as they replaced mine under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ttt got the same problem just started anyone? what code will it throw gotta somehow get it to autozone to be read but wife lost keys.

·
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd
4,007 Posts
When I had my 03 2.5, the crank sensor started going bad at about 60,000 miles and it would ocassionally go into "limp" or choke down and die. It didn't always throw an SES, until it got really bad toward the end. The last time it did limp mode, I'd had enough and took it in "limp" mode to the dealer and traded for my 06. crpowell, do you have an aftermarket intake with an oiled filter?

·
Registered
167 Posts
mine did this. dealer said it was some kind of cam sensor. he did something n it stopped. i failed inspection. n had 2 get an new ecu. cost 1,133.00. dealer paid tho. never happened again. n i also had a bad motor mount....n btw no ses light ever came on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts