The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forums,

I replaced my head gasket over the past weekend. The engine was running great, would respond to throttle, etc. I heard a weird noise inside the upper timing cover, it turned out to just be the plastic timing upper chain guide vibrating and wiggling around. When I re-installed the timing cover I forgot to attach the two black ground wires that share bolts with the cover.

The next time I started the engine it stayed in idle and now it won't start whatsoever. I have no knowledge or experience on electrical work, how do I even begin to approach this problem? How to diagnose? I pulled all the fuses inside the engine and they all look good. Is it a wire or the ECM? If it's a wire how do I replace the shorted wire?

Thanks for the help.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Where did those unattached ground wires go to? I'd be more inclined to suspect a throttle body motor issue or similar. Any codes being thrown/stored?

Since head gasket wasn't plural I will deduce you have a 2.5 :) That and you didn't post a page about all the things that went wrong trying to get the VQ timing chain back in place....

Not familiar with what's located on the timing cover side of that engine that could prevent start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts