The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to get my car out of the shop in about three weeks i put a turbo on it and re did the bottom end i was wondering how many miles i should put on it before i start to race it hard

·
Registered
110 Posts
wow, u need to be super carful, I would run 500 miles, oil change, 1000 oil change, then hit it again with 3000 oilchange, then from there on 3000 or before oilchange, what you feal.. depends on how u race hard. I would give it almost 4.5k of breakin.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks the shop that i am going through said change the oil every 1000 2 1500 miles at the most

·
Registered
110 Posts
well I have never made a N/A car turbo, so that might be right, I had a factory turbo, granted a different compresion, which means it could go longer on the same oil i bet. I think that would wise. Also remember synthetic oil is your friend, turbos love that stuff, spins very freely. Your going to love your turbo!! hehe... you doing a blow off valve? the sound of that thing alone is awesome.. Also a front mount?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i am doing a blow off valve i bought the kit from f-max the shop said not to run synthetic oil because its to thin and it might leak through the seals.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hm. odd. Turbos love synthetic oil. Oh well, I guess its also the age of the car, and the way it was design. Im sure they know what there talking about, im speaking from experience on a diffrent car. What kinda blow off valve did they hook u up with? I use to have the greddy type-s, that thing sounds so nice. Also had a TurboXS RFL , that thing was way to loud, sounded like a bus between shifts. How much you pay for that kit? like 4k + install?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Jonbrown said:
yea i am doing a blow off valve i bought the kit from f-max the shop said not to run synthetic oil because its to thin and it might leak through the seals.
Ahhh..... Misinformation at it's best.

Synthetic oil is not "thinner" and won't cause any leaks if the engine is in good condition. I wouldn't run any other type of oil in a turbo installation either. With the extreme localized temperatures that those engines see, a conventional oil will coke up pretty fast.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm running Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts