The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've never dealt with nopi. Would nopi online be a good place to buy this kit. (As in prompt and good service)

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
I also ordered the Erebuni 905 full body kit and have a number of questions,

1. Do the bumpers need to be in place while putting in this kit? My front bumper is badly damaged. Will I need to get a front bumper replacement and have it painted as well before putting in this kit?

2. Is the kit throughly painted while off the car of will a professional paint shop leave them in place if they are already installed?

3. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good paint shop in the Northern Virginia area? (In the Alexandria or Arlington area.)

4. What will it roughly cost me to get the entire kit and side mirror covers painted?

5. Can someone briefly detail the steps involved in installing this kit?

6. Are there any warnings I should be aware of?

Thanks.

·
...Im a Bass R Us kid....
445 Posts
i bought the rear bumper from a /mnet member, but all it does is wrap around the rear, for the front and side?, i have no clue. but i am on the look out for some 905 sides :}~

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
I brought my 905 from Nopi when I had an account with them, When NOPI deals with Shops they give a little more respect than people just calling for parts. Either way Everyone seems to have had problems with them.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
its basically a lip kit... goes on yer exsisting bumper... looks like crap if it isn't molded on lighter colored car's IMO...

but on darker car's they look bad ass... my car is white unfortunately... so eeeh kits r very limited for me... only thing that would look nice IMO is the strada and the Omega front... SE/Erebuni 905 sides... and rear... nothing...

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
The Erebuni 905 fits perfectly, and IMO looks fine on light colored cars not molded. I saw it on jaltima's car in person, and had to take it off and put it back on to test something, and the kit is extremely easy to install. One of the best kits out there for sure!

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
scootter said:
Right behind the iBi kit. ;)
that's very nice of you...lol....but in all honesty since it's only a lip kit it's even easier to install than mine. I've never been the kind of guy to lie to sell someone something and I ain't gonna start now. :p My new job is trying to get me to be a pushy salesman and it pisses me off so much that I'm quitting...I hate making people feel pressured to buy something they don't need or want. :(

·
Resident drunken chef!
2,524 Posts
Yea, I guess a lip kit would be easier. I know you don't lie to ppl about stuff. That is why everyone here respects you so much. Sucks that you are quiting your job already, hopefully you'll find something a little more suited for your talents. :D

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
designing would be a nice entry for jeff :p

anyways... i like the erebuni 905 but the rear i'm not too fond of... i was gunna do that kit but changed my mind, i have seen it on a darker car in person but never on a lighter car, only in pix.

i was also gunna do the strada look with the erebuni sides.. but there isn't a matching rear yet.... so i'm waiting to see if strada makes a lip kit.. (hopes)

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
I wanted to keep my comments attached to this thread since it is related. Follow the links to get to the pictures.

I finally got a chance to complete the DIY Erebuni 905 full body kit installation which was purchased awhile back. The entire project from ordering to installation had a fair number of ups-and-downs but nonetheless it was rewarding to learn along the way. I borrowed a great number of ideas and comments from y'all. Thanks guys.

For now, I will post pictures for the front lip install only.

This is how the Altima looked before any changes. There were chipped paint, cracks, and discoloration on the original bumper. The headlights and fog lights were pale and the fog lights lens were cracked. Very depressing to say the least.

I ordered the bumper and had it painted. Between the FSM and this FAQ I was able to install the new bumper and that alone made the car stand out some.

On the front lip, I decided to touch it up by adding some mesh wire to the center holes. This came out looking really nice. I also used a Dremel tool set to make the fog light holes bigger on the front lip.

I decided to do similar mesh work to the front grille and gave it a curvature look. Down the road I will need to paint the grille and will use this FAQ to finish that task. The license plate holder will have be replaced with something better as well.

I ordered and installed some new fog lights with Sylvania SilverStars bulbs and added SilverStars to the headlights and cleaned the headlamps, brighten the cornering lamp, and this is how the front facelift turned out.

In the end, this was a very rewarding project. I will be putting together a DIY installation document for this kit over time. It truly isn't that difficult but I understand the fact that not knowing makes it look daunting.

Hope this is helpful to others and good luck with your installation.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Well, aside from the SSS-Z front bumper that we'll never ever see around here, that is probably the best OEM style front setup, somewhat stock but still aggressive...And that color is AWESOME buddy....
Could you-You NEED to post some pics of the whole car from different angles in the Rides forum, I'm sure others besides myself would love to see the whole car!!!

BTW, talk about a dead thread resurrection.......!!!!:)

Jeremy

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks great, I really like it, and would like to see pics from different angles too. And I will wait for the write up, as I am probably going to get 905 myself.

:bigok:

·
Registered
214 Posts
}{yBr1D
You have a drop right? So on stock it will be a bit higher. This kit definitely goes on my to-do list now that I've seen good pics of it on. Your car looks great, but u know it!:D

I'm still looking forward to seeing jserrano's write up on the installation. Keep us updated! =)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts