·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2005 3.5 ran the following codes today:
P0300
P0303
P0507
My question is this: are P0300 and P0303 related to P0507? Does having all three indicate a larger issue? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The P0300 and P0303 are cylinder misfire codes which are generally caused by:
  • Intake system vacuum leak
  • Dirty fuel injector(s)
  • EGR valve
  • Bad or marginal ignition coil pack

The P0507 is a problem with the ISC (idle speed control) that's generally not related to misfires but in certain conditions can be influenced by them. It's caused by:
● Electric throttle control actuator
● Intake air leak
● PCV system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the ignition coil and manifold gasket set intake at 175,544 miles. I at 220,000 miles now. How many more miles can I expect from this vehicle? I would like to get to at least 250,000 without any more major repairs. I am scheduled to start a fairly aggressive course of radiation for my cancer so need a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
A 220K vehicle is generally NOT considered to be that reliable. At least in the practical world I come from. The codes are showing that as well. You might as well ask what day the world will end as far as the expectation of overall life goes.

Good luck with the cancer thing...........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I got it fixed and it runs great now but the AC still doesn’t work. Had a used compressor put in and a new line. It was also refilled at that time. Is there more than one fuse to check for the AC? The blower is working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts