The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, gotta love the Alty. Not the car but the attention it gets.

Everyone is taking a second look as soon as I pull in the gas station. One guy even told his wife he should've got this over the Acura EL (Canadian Civic EX Sedan). I just smiled :)

Had this car for 2 days so far. Gas mileage is no where near as bad I thought it was. It's awesome on highways with all the power!

But like Wild Willy said, you'll find more imperfection as you own it more. So far I found that rear doors plastics parts are doesn't fit perfectly together. And the Bose stereo is playing some of my CD with the jumble/scratched sound. I think it's just the way my CDs are burnt at 12X speed. I hope. The trunk latch seems to be designed for a heavy trunk lid, it's hard to close. You also have to slam it.

The tint guy also didn't do a bang up job. He didn't get the windows's bottom rubber seal out. The the windows are can go down but not come back up. I have to fix all the seal myself, in -30C weather. I'm going to give the dealer a piece of my mind when I go back.

Also, I know this post is getting a big long, a got a question for those who got the cargo net. How many mount points are in the back? I only got 9, (2 or floor, 4 on the inside walls of the trunk and 3 on the wall close to the exterior). Shouldn't there be 10?

Also my big cargo net only comes with 2 hooks, shouldn't it have 4 hoorks, 1 for each corner? I'll have to take it up with the dealer I something is missing.

One more question on the side, how do you add a link in your sig?
 

·
Beware The Big Fish
Joined
·
160 Posts
i have had my 02 alty for just over a year now and im happy to report i have not had a single problem with her, and yes i also love the looks she gets. i have to admit that the interior plastic is cheap but what the hell these cars are bad ass...enjoy your new ride c-ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Xtrema said:
Man, gotta love the Alty. Not the car but the attention it gets.
... How many mount points are in the back? I only got 9, (2 or floor, 4 on the inside walls of the trunk and 3 on the wall close to the exterior). Shouldn't there be 10?

Also my big cargo net only comes with 2 hooks, shouldn't it have 4 hoorks, 1 for each corner? I'll have to take it up with the dealer I something is missing.
Mine only had three D-rings on the passenger side. I suspect they all came that way, probably a sneaky way to save 50 cents. But I complained since there was an obvious plug where the fourth should have been. The dealership gave me the 4th for free.

Your big cargo net should have four hooks. And your small net should also. Complain. Mine does.

OpalBlue :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Re: Everyone is looking......

OpalBlue said:
Mine only had three D-rings on the passenger side. I suspect they all came that way, probably a sneaky way to save 50 cents. But I complained since there was an obvious plug where the fourth should have been. The dealership gave me the 4th for free.

Your big cargo net should have four hooks. And your small net should also. Complain. Mine does.

OpalBlue :)
Thanks. I knew something is wierd when I can't hook that net up.

Just notice 1 more thing, plastic parts on the exterior (door handle, mud flap, bumpers) has a slightly different shade of silver then the metal body. Not very noticable except under certain light condition. But I thought TL was bad with it's Pearl White.

Otherwise, I love this car. Just can't wait til the break in period finishes and it gets warmer. So I can let it all loose and have fun with the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
I'm starting to see more and more Alty's out on the road, nothing comparing to Honda's, Acura's and Toyota's and yes everyone seems to admire the Alty's. The locals out here with their rice racers are aware that the Alty 3.5's got balls. Just the other day a stock Camry tried to race me and I just laugh! What was he thinking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
:D I love it!! I was at the gas station and a couple with a 97 Maxima asked me if "that was the Altima" I replied, "yeah!" The lady in the drivers seat said that she wanted the Altima to be her next car.....

Its really funny when i get people acting like their going to pass me but they just stay in my blind spot and sure enough.....my buddy will notice that "they" are checking out my ride. That makes me grin.:)
 

·
Disproportionate Member
Joined
·
716 Posts
Dammit people, stop this @**@@! Getting me all excited and my car isn't here yet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deezy24 said:
Its really funny when i get people acting like their going to pass me but they just stay in my blind spot and sure enough.....my buddy will notice that "they" are checking out my ride. That makes me grin.:)
Damn, that happened too while I'm on highway. The all come up quick, and all of a sudden just hang back.

Cool!
 

·
hello
Joined
·
3,517 Posts
JerryJ said:
I'm starting to see more and more Alty's out on the road, nothing comparing to Honda's, Acura's and Toyota's and yes everyone seems to admire the Alty's. The locals out here with their rice racers are aware that the Alty 3.5's got balls. Just the other day a stock Camry tried to race me and I just laugh! What was he thinking?
The other night! a friggin v6 camry with altezza's (probably added 15hp! :p) smoked me off the line! i was so mad. but i had 5 people in my car. and when i floored it, it jumped off at only 3000 rpms... :(
 

·
Ar Dont Do That
Joined
·
297 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I get so much attention with this grill, i was at the gas station filling my car up (91 super citgo), and this rice racer (honda civ LX with altezzas, ugly jet plane spoiler, and body kit) looked at my car and just stared at it, some hoe in the passenger side smiled at me..w00t w00t

M0 luv f0 the v6 powah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Also, I know this post is getting a big long, a got a question for those who got the cargo net. How many mount points are in the back? I only got 9, (2 or floor, 4 on the inside walls of the trunk and 3 on the wall close to the exterior). Shouldn't there be 10?
I'm missing a hook, too. I just haven't gotten around to going back to the dealership to get the missing one...
 

·
Shift_lefty
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
It certainly does turn some heads. When I first got the car I had a guy in a Caddie STS pull up along side, smile knod his head and it looked like he said nice car. Then again he may have been saying some thing else too, never will know!!

I've had people walking around the car in the parking lot when I was in it checking it out. I can only imagine what it'd be like with mods as mine is bare ass stock!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I was sucker punched the other day. Sitting at a light with this Acura thing next to me I pulled out quick because the lane ended in front of me and formed one lane. This was not a drag launch but just a quick start to work my way in front. Well apparently he didn't want any of that so the race was on. I noticed that he wasn't giving way and neither was I. I nailed it in 2nd, once the r's started climbing he was now eating exhaust. I think it really pissed him off but all's fair when you are messing with each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
deezy24 said:
:D I love it!! I was at the gas station and a couple with a 97 Maxima asked me if "that was the Altima" I replied, "yeah!" The lady in the drivers seat said that she wanted the Altima to be her next car.....

Its really funny when i get people acting like their going to pass me but they just stay in my blind spot and sure enough.....my buddy will notice that "they" are checking out my ride. That makes me grin.:)


i know this feeling!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Well get this, I am in a car club and I don't have a single mod to my black 3.5 SE. They approached me at the car wash and I said I really didn't have plans to mod it, they didn't care. They said it's an altima you don't have to. Keep in mind these are guys with 20's and 22's on SUV's, impalas, and such. Funny thing is my car doesn't look too out of place when we roll places. Now I have a bit of the mod bug. I plan on getting tint (probably 35%), putting in my old system from my previous car, and getting a TV to put up front, oh and the AT Lux Grille. (need to see it in black first).

Side Note:
I was driving to pick up my girl on a real foggy night last Friday and past a supra with exhaust and rims. I knew when I passed him he would think it was a challenge. Sure enought as soon as my rear bumper was past him he saw what I was in and punched it. I would have gave him a little run but as I said I was on my way to pick up my girl. Priorities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
DZLE said:

Side Note:
I was driving to pick up my girl on a real foggy night last Friday and past a supra with exhaust and rims. I knew when I passed him he would think it was a challenge. Sure enought as soon as my rear bumper was past him he saw what I was in and punched it. I would have gave him a little run but as I said I was on my way to pick up my girl. Priorities.
so basically you lost the race......:D :p
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top