The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 1995 Altima with a five speed tranny. When I'm freeway driving with the A/C on, I get about 2-3 "poofs" or "farts" from the exhaust every 5 minutes or so. It's not quite a backfire and happens so quickly, it doesn't register on the tach. Anyone else familiar with this problem? I'm thinking about running mid grade gas for a few tanks to see if that fixes it. My other thought may be time for a tune up?

Thanks in advance!

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
While I don't have a farting exhaust system, what would appear to be happening is every time the AC compressor engages, there is a sudden load on the engine and the car (probably on cruise control) compensates by goosing the throttle.
That, or your car needs to stop eating at White Castle...

·
$ make my Engine go Round
487 Posts
Yeap had the same thing

I had the same thing happen on my just outta the box '98 alty.
It seemed to only happen to me when I pushed it real hard and the A/C was on. It would puff at about 4k rpm, slow for a sec, and then zoom back up to 6k and shift. Not sure how to fix it although a tune up never hurts : )

·
Registered
181 Posts
mine does that if i come close to redline in 1st and 2nd gear if my a/c is set on like 3. i think its just letting out pressure. i thought it was normal:confused:

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
If yours farts, mine has constant diarrhea. I get that occurence when im driving under norm conditions. I feel it most commuting though on the freeway doing 70. Who has to stop eating at white castle, me ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts