The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my car started idleing like a harley. I figgured it was running lean when i went to replace the plugs since they were white as snow. After doing some checking i realized i had no vacuum in any of my lines. I took the vacuum line off the brake booster and the engine still ran...seemed odd.

Long story short, my EGR valve was crap. I cleaned it out real good while i wait for the new one and its worken okay.

My question is...when u guys put aftermarket headers on your car, what do u do with the EGR valve? Most the headers ive seen dont have and EGR tube. Just curious.

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
I think the stillen also uses the egr tube. Not sure about that though.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
All of the Altima headers retain EGR ... or else they would be illegal !!

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
How did you know your EGR was shot??? The only way I knew was by moving the diaphragm up and down inside....

mine drove fine actually, even with it being shot (althought it's gone for good now)

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
even the OBX had the EGR tube to connect with no issues

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since it had no vacuum. My buddy told me to check it out aswell. I took it off, cleaned it out real good, blew it all out and when i reinstalled it my car ran fine.

I just saw some headers on Ebay that didnt have an EGR tube, just wondered is all.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
the ones you saw on ebay without a EGR is probably the SSautochrome ones. they are pieces of shit

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
SHAWN said:
All of the Altima headers retain EGR ... or else they would be illegal !!
i figured all the headers were illegal anyways, cuz they are for off-road use only? i know when you try to buy from Stillen's site they have a warning that you must agree to before you buy it...since the headers eliminate the cat and all. i live in Mississippi so i have no worries :D LOL still gotta get a cat and new resonator installed though...my stock resonator is choking the header!!! but it does sound good LOL

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
the header is only illegal if you remove the cat underneath your car and do not replace it...hence you will fail visual inspections if you have one and most likely fail the emissions test.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts