The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 2.5L Altima.

I learned some time ago of the ill-fated pre-cat that the 2.5L engine comes with. Seeing all of the options, it appears that replacing the OEM setup with an aftermarket header will work best for us and as so many have put it really eliminates the issue. My question is the following regarding brand. What brands seems to work best? I read through a number of threads and the sticky on performance mods with the list of
Header: OBX, Nismo, Megan Racing, XS Power, Crazy eBay People

I cannot seem to find the Nismo or Megan Racing for the 2.5L In addition with people complaining of fitment issues with the OBX and XS Power/Hot Shot/SS Autochrome. Then there are others that have no complaints at all and even some EBay ones that seem to work great. I do not know if anyone has any long-term reviews or experiences they may share to help me decide which "brand" to go with but any input would be appreciated.

After this it will be the passenger side engine mount...

Thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And this guy says the Sentra Megan Racing header bolted right up to the Altima. I thought I read some other place that was not right:

Stock QR25DE Altima / MEGAN Racing Header Installation. - Nissan Forum

This Megan Sentra header. I would spend the extra to make sure it fits right...

After doing some further reading, it appears the only issue with the Megan Racing header is that there is not tab at the collector to attach the header end to the block as the stock one and other headers have for the Altima engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts