The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. Yesterday my O2 sensor fell out of my catlytic convertor, now the mechanic says the only cat they can get is from the dealer for $650, I cried when I heard that. Is the catco cat from summitracing good? And which one should I get the 14" one, what? And how do I get the O2 sensor on it? Will a muffler shop be able to do that?? I want to go with 2 1/4" piping and get a new muffler too. Which muffler do you guys recommend?(i want it quiet but powerful, not some deep loud thing that will get me in trouble and make people think I am ricing it...no fart can mufflers)

·
ASE certified wiseass
431 Posts
Here is what I would do.

Get the catco cat from summit only if it is a direct fit replacement. If it requires welding, then get a local shop to put one in legally.

If you have no money, which is not unusual for most of us, Plug the hole in the cat anyway you can and install a new O2 bung downsteam in the exhaust. You can then re-install the o2 sensor and not throw any codes.

You can get a new o2 bung from an auto parts store in the HELP section for sprak plug threader or just use a big nut from a hardware store. It will need to be welded on.

Good Luck.

Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts