The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recorded a little video for a member on the forums who was wondering what the dynomax super turbo muffler sounds on our car. Mods..

CAI
OBX 4-2-1 Header
Brand New Catco Cat
2.5" exhaust
Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

So basically I have full exhaust and the CAI (stuff I have that make the car louder)

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Tell me what you think!

·
05 STi
1,365 Posts
nice.

Does a cai affect the sound of the exhaust note? I wonder what it would sound like without the aftermarket header..

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice.

Does a cai affect the sound of the exhaust note? I wonder what it would sound like without the aftermarket header..
I'm not sure if that CAI does, but I remember when I just had the CAI installed it would make the car louder when revving the engine so I just threw in the fact that it's there. Not sure what it sounds like but if your thinking about getting a header, do it..

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
hey war what year is the Sentra Cold Air and do you have a pic of your radiator because i want to get a Koyo also but the one i came accross is plastic on top?

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey war what year is the Sentra Cold Air and do you have a pic of your radiator because i want to get a Koyo also but the one i came accross is plastic on top?
I used the 2000-2003 Sentra CAI, I don't have a pic of the radiator but it is a plastic top as well, I got it cheaper because he didn't state that when he put up the auction.. I couldn't find a full aluminum radiator for our cars, but the b14 Sentra I believe work. All you need to do is put a single fan I believe? Someone with a turbo Altima did it.. I want to say SEAltima...

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
thanks for the info, i just looked it up and im kinda puzzled how i would make that intake fit i have a 2000 altima with a BOMZ WAI right now, my question is the pipe before the MAF looks like it's too long lol if you have a pic that would be awsome

·
05 STi
1,365 Posts
thanks for the info, i just looked it up and im kinda puzzled how i would make that intake fit i have a 2000 altima with a BOMZ WAI right now, my question is the pipe before the MAF looks like it's too long lol if you have a pic that would be awsome
yes pic please, i've been looking into getting the 00-03 sentra cai myself but just can't figure how it fits. I know you have to cut out some of the metal below the battery area, that's easy, it's actually routing the tubing that i'm having a hard time vizualizing.

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure I'll take pictures, just give me til Saturday or so. Here is one similar to the one I bought.

Keep in mind, that doesn't come with the MAF adapter, I already had one from my previous WAI for the Altima, side note, if you go on eBay and type 95 sentra intake you'll notice it's the same thing...

But other that that, it fit pretty well. As far as the extension going into the hole. You'll notice it is really easy to do, open your hood and take a look at where the pipe would go, you'll notice that there is a plastic piece of tubing where the IAT sensor is. You'll need to remove that, and just put the tube there. You can make it fit without it rubbing the fender shield but it could be a pain, so all I did was take a 3" tube at a 90 degree shape and put it there. I'll show pictures of that too, but overall this install job is pretty easy I would say.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
thats sick dude ill wait for the pics because my bomz wai is "OK" but it does have that peaky power band... i have a 3inch exhaust and from a 20 roll i can pull up to 80mph and i can feel the car just run outta breathe, gotta remember tho i have STOCK headers on right now i havent put my 4-2-1's back yet, so im sure the CAI will bring me up more up top :p thanks

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's just say, when you give it that first punch after you install it, you'll be smiling. The torque increase is great.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
nice then ill probably order it this friday when i get paid or maybe my next pay because i want to order my A-Arm, Stillen sway and strut bar first :]

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
hey dude thanks for pics.. i will order it and try it out and let you know how it feels with the 3inch ;] cause of the top end feeling i have now im sure it will increase a lot more

·
Registered
889 Posts
CAI's are more low end power whereas WAI help with top end.

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, but I have had both and it is all in a matter of preference, wai does perform better than cai at top end, but cai still performs better than stock at top end. Plus if you don't like the cai, you just gotta remove the extension pipe and now you have a wai.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
How do you like the 2.5" exhaust? I'm seriously considering upping to 2.5" from the cat back since I'm running the Hotshot tri header....

As for CAI's, they are dyno proven, as in we have seen the dyno slips with our own eyes and spoke with the members who had it done proven, to net 12-13whp. Fact. WAI will net about 6-7whp but still has a nice pull up top...

·
Rippen RJ
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the 2.5" exhaust a lot, I seem to better have better everything, low/mid/high range power compared to stock. As far as 2.5" being better than 2.25" I don't think it is really worth the money to redo the exhaust over .25". Not that much different in power I would think.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Well I had alot of oil blowby from the 255k motor so even now, the exhaust smells of burnt oil some when it's running once it's warmed up. I'm going to start fresh w/a custom catback, high flow cat,etc to get rid of the smell.

I can get it done locally for under $300 or so for cat and all (Magnaflow high flow)

Jeremy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts