The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 95-96 Maxima exhaust system fit our 97 Altima? or will it fit with minor modifications?
Thanks...

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
some minor modifications are required but what most people do is just put the muffler of a 01+ maxima they said that you gain hp and it sounds really good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'll cost me less than four hundred bucks without minor modifications if I need to make it work.

I'm goin' to buy a header then exhaust system and will keep the stock cat. Greddy exhaust system I think sounds too loud for my daily driving based from what I read from our fellow altimas.net member.

Thanks....

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Any header with stock exhaust system = exhaust note that sounds like crap, and still be loud.

If I'm going to be loud, I may as well sound good while doing it. Get the GReddy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks...
I decided to just spend more and get the Greddy with HS header.
Thanks for all your help.

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
I've got that setup and love it.

Yes, the Greddy is a little loud, but you get used to it.

When I added the HS 4-2-1 (Greddy was 1st), I noticed no change in volume or tone. :dunno:

Either the Greddy is a damn fine piece of engineering or it's already so loud I can't tell the difference.

Everyone tells me how nice the setup sounds when I'm racing so I'm happy.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
omg, thank you samir for making that comment. What's been holding me back on getting a header was the noise issue. But since I have a GReddy and you said that putting on the header doesn't get any louder, I'm gonna do it. :D

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
Go for it :D

And then stomp some modding Civic Si.

I did on the highway from 60-110, and I'm running a stock auto tranny.

Felt pretty good since the guy finally gave in and raced me even though a girl was with him. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts