The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if their is a discussion on here, but just wondering how to remove the exhaust tips so that i can put a better and bigger looking tip?

·
Vendor
1,062 Posts
Exhaust tips are usually attached with a clamp, so you should be able to remove it with a screwdriver or a wrench - it is very easy to do. In some rare cases exhaust tips are weld-on, in this case you would need to cut it.

In order to get the right exhaust tip you would need to match the inlet of the tip with the outlet of your exhaust pipe. it may be somewhere around 2"-3" (you need to measure it by yourself).
For example the outlet of the exhaust pipe on your car is 2.25" it means that you need to choose an exhaust tip with the inlet size 2.25". The outlet of the tip may be bigger, just make sure it doesn't interfere with your bumper.

Technically if you want a large tip you can cut the bumper.
You can choose a tip for your car here: Black, Chrome, Dual Exhaust Tips at CARiD.com
They are universal and may fit on any car, just choose the rite size.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Banned
854 Posts
Stock tips are usually welded on the pipes. Probably have to have them cut off.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Cut it off then weld the new ones.

·
Professional Driver
41 Posts
On my 2015 SL the chrome tips are welded to the exhaust pipes.

I like the looks of the original chrome tips, but they were recessed so far under the bumper you could hardly see them. My local muffler shop only charged me $40 to cut the exhaust pipes and put in some extensions to move the tips out a few inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts