The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boosted Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2.25 inch exhaust pipe put on today with no resonator, hotshot header, and apexi dunk muffler....i heard alot people say that w/o a resonator it would be too loud, but its not at all, i think it sounds really good, i'm sure it saved my money too for not having a resonator...the total was $240 for mendrel bent, i got quoted for $200 but they said it took longer than expected (those couple of bends right before the muffler are tough to do, it took them like 3 hours)...this was at midas

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
ok, that's why it's not that loud. as soon as you eliminate it or get a hi flo, it's gonna be a lot louder!!! right now, there's a huge "bottle-neck" at the cat. there's all this larger piping for better flowing exhaust, but it's not helping at all b/c it all shrinks down at the cat. you may have a little better performance and it sounds nice, but truth is, it's not even a 1/4 of what it could be performance wise and sound wise.

just beware when you change/eliminate the cat. you might wanna have an extra $50 for a resonator.

you have:

hotshot header
2.25" pipe
apexi dunk

right? if that's so, it's definitely gonna be LOUD!!!

·
Boosted Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol!!!, i believe you,i didn't realize the cat was such a bottleneck ... i've heard you comment on the loudness of your car before (i knowing our setup is very similiar) and the whole way over to pick my car up i was worried that it was going to sound like a harley or something, but it wasn't bad (but then again i didn't have a hi-flow cat like you)....when you mean loud, what do you compare that to? i'm not really worried about having a luxury feel in my car, but i too also don't want to get headaches from driving

thanks

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
like i said, just take a few extra dollars when you get the cat put in, or eliminated. you may like it, but i couldn't stand it! it was actually louder than anything i'v ever heard, granted it echoed inside a garage, but loud nonetheless. louder than a harley for sure

·
Boosted Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"louder than a harley for sure" damn, i have the money so i'm not worried about that, i just wanted the fastest flowing exhaust as possible....i'm going to buy the pipe, flanges, and then get a local welding shop that i use alot to build me a test pipe (and when get emissions tested, i'll put my cat back on), if i can't stand the noise i'll get a resonator....is there any negative side effects on an engine for having no cat?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts