The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forunm so please bear with me.
Anyway my friend gave me a "Reactive" muffler. I talked to some of my friends that have put just mufflers on import cars and they said that it slowed down their cars at lower RPM's. I just wanted to know what might happen to me before i go through installing it and spending the cash. Also if you guys could give me some pointers on which exhaust products are better suited of Nissans it wil be very appreciated. Since all of my buds are driving Hondas and other shit they are no help.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
it's a ractive muffler. And your friends are right, you're gonna loose some low end torque, but gain some high end hp.

G

·
Welcome to altimas.net I dont think a muffler will slow car down, just move the horsepower to a differnt rpm range. Because are cars arent huge on the import secne like hondas are, there is not as a wide viraity of aftermarket parts. But that does not me go get a honda. For the exhaust, there are performance headers, intakes, and cat-back systems. If you put the muffler on, it will perform better than the stock one, it might feel differt though. If youi have any questions feel free to PM me.
-Chas-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what else could i get to work with the muffler, like a high flow cat or whatever. To give me some more power to get through the gears.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
Full cat-back piping in 2.25" with mandrel bends. Otherwise, a big-ass muffler is pretty damn worthless, except to make your car sound annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, you got that right.
It sounds annoying as hell i hope after i do the catback it wil improve the sound and give me some more performance. Also is there any way to reduce the amount of noise it makes inside the cabin.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
I doubt it...every time your car gets louder outside, it's gonna get louder inside. Do what I do - turn your stereo up REAL LOUD.:D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts