The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a red bottle of "Good Stuff" foam
And I plan to fill in the trunk lid. I heard that it can warp the trunk. How can I avoid it? If i put too much it will warp it, if I don't put too much it wount work good, so how i know the right ammount?
Thnx for any help ;)

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
I Dont tihnk you should have a problem with warping aslong as it has room tp expand to. I cant say though i hvae no first hand experince with putting it in a trunk lid. BUt i have never had it crack any walls or flooring. It just ooozes out all over.

·
Banned
413 Posts
My friend who installs car audio/electronics says that the exspandable foam works great on the trunk lid, just spray the stuff between the support cage and lid and then ounce it's dryed just cut of the excess that seaped out with ultilty knife or some sharp edge. I dont think this stuff is strong enough to push out on the trunk lid and warp it but dont take my word for it as I've never used it. Tells us how much of a difference in rattle reduction it had ounce you do it.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
The stuff really makes a mess. I think a nice bead of clear silicone between the inner and outer panels around each opening does a better job with much less effort.

You must have the old stuff because the new stuff is great not just good. :)

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
i must agree on the messy part.
IT IS A BITCH and 1/2 to clean up and get off of tihngs. If you do happen to get it somewere yo udont want. LEAVE IT THERE
and take it off dry.
AND WEAR GLOVES!!

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ I'm not afraid of the mess, I will put some waterproofing material on top anyway.
Also will be fixing rear deck, cuz 70% of rattles comes from there, and those small license plate lights rattle too
So far I did license plate and moved the latch down and I can see a noticeble difference.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
yeah that damn particle board , that siht sucks. any recommendations for it? stick some dynamat under?
or maybe a sheet of felt?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts