The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am experimenting replacing the stock white instrument light to orange. What do you think?

thanks

Notes:
the bulbs I used are standard 12V wedge bulbs (cost me 39cents each) they are same size and fits in the stock sockets. Available in green, orange, blue, purple in most auto stores (for those in the Montreal area, Maddison in Laval and Addison in Montreal carry them)

Quick procedure:
- remove the instrument trim (2 philips crews), it can be a bit tough prying out the panel, be careful not to break it
- once the instrument pannel is partially out, remove the Hazard lights connector and the security light connector
- pull out the instrument trim completely
- remove the 4 phillips srews retaining the instrument dials
- behind the instrument dials, the light sockets can be remove easily by turning them anticlockwise
- pullout the stock light bulb in each socket and replace them with your own 12V colorful ones.
- I have not done for the climate control and radio yet but I think it will be pretty much the same idea.

I think it is a good alternative to LEDs. With LEDs, you have to solder a 1- kOhm resistance in series though.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
I like my white ones...I would use hyper white mini bulbs. But it is your car dude...to each his own.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
what size bulbs are those. i tihnk it would look awsome in blue.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
I tried purple a couple of weeks ago, it sucked, it was almost a darker pink.

In order to match, I found out it's difficult getting other bulbs, including fog switch, in colors other than red, blue, and green.

Bulbs are 194 for 1st AND 2nd...right?

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Orange gauges...why you trin' to have a 3rd gen? I know people who own 3rd gens that say that they wish they had a different color, and that they like my white ones.

·
Registered
237 Posts
blue is awsome:D

Not liken the orange too much, but a nice deep red (not orange or pink, RED) would prolly look really nice. LED's may be more work.. but there the only way to get really nice bright colors like that:)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Uncle Mole said:
ive seen a pic of an alty... he/she had black lights inside the air vents... looked KILLER. how would i do that? would i beable to ground them or would it be battery operated?
I have this done to my alty too, but with red lights. I used the lights that are suppose to go on the winshield wipers.

oh and Madmike you amateur member keep your mouth shut to my replies. :boxme:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts