The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you like to have express Window up feature on your Gen 1 Altima?

I have it now and its a free mod.. What the hell was Nissan thinking.. I bought the car in 1993 and the express button only worked in the down position. The button would never move to the up position. All they gave us is express down...

Well, I had the master control unit out last night and took it apart to fix my (ghost windows going down problems)

Here is what I found....
I was testing the unit while it was apart. There is a contact point under the "up position" of the express button. I decided to press it to see what happens... The window went up all by itself :cool:

The button for the express window down has a piece of plastic on it to prevent it from rocking in the upwards position. Also it is missing the little plastic (Push pin) to make contact with the rubber pad. (you'll see it when you open it)

The fix!!!!

1. cut the little plastic tab off the rocker switch and this will allow the switch to rock back and forth fully.

2. Get a small flat head finishing nail and cut to look exactly like one of those little black plastic (push pins). Then slip it into the empty position (window up)

Close it up and now enjoy the benefit of express window up.....

:D :D :cool: :cool:

·
1,322 Posts
sweet...i always thought that may be able to be done, but ive been too lazy to try it out. i shouldve done it when i wired the windows to continuous power so i can them up w/o the key in the ignition. well looks like another thing is added to my list of shit to do to my car today.

·
Rally U13
1,562 Posts
wuzzup said:
is it possible on the master control on the drivers side to adjust all the buttons to be express down like the drivers window?
be great if you could. i'd imagine that you'd need to replace the switches with driver's side switches, though, as express window down was never offered on any other window..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
89MustangGX said:
Nissan probably figured it was a safety issue, that way no little kids would stick their heads in the windows and hit the switch and be stuck there. :eek:
:p
There should never be a kid in the driver seat...
That is the only window with that feature...:D

·
Registered
383 Posts
DAmn this whole time I thought mine was just broken. I think we are going to needd pics of this install.... I'm going to go check out the FAQS now maybe that has it because I am having a hard time picturing it. Also my switch does go all the way up, just that it's very loose when I flick it up

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[email][email protected][/email] said:
DAmn this whole time I thought mine was just broken. I think we are going to needd pics of this install.... I'm going to go check out the FAQS now maybe that has it because I am having a hard time picturing it. Also my switch does go all the way up, just that it's very loose when I flick it up
Sounds like step one is not needed on yours.. ;)
But as soon as you open the unit up it will be very clear as to what you need to do...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: My Christmas Present to you.. Express Window UP mode...

Chuckster said:

Well, I had the master control unit out last night and took it apart to fix my (ghost windows going down problems)
Were you able to fix that problem? I've got it too and would really like to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.