The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, before everyone jumps on me, I did a quick search without success. Normally I don't get them but frankly my car has had a number of "expensive" warantee issues and I am concerned about the future. So here is my question for anyone with some relavant information. Nissan has several extended warantee options available and there are a number of other vendors selling them. What experiences do you have with them, which one would you suggest getting (if at all) or any other information you can give me to enlighten me in this decision.

·
Not a throbbing member.
283 Posts
I wouldn't go with Nissan on the ext. warranty. AAA and other companies offer ext. warranties on new cars.

In my case, I told my dealer that I was going with AAA on my financing AND my ext warranty. He decided that he wanted my business bad enough so he dropped the interest rate by 2% and offerered the warranty to me for $550, which he originally offerered to me at $1400.

Might be worth haggling over.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is pampered and I am a big believer in preventative maintenance. I never had major problems with any of my cars in the past. My concern is that there appears to be a number of people having to change very expensive parts and the Nissan logo appears to no longer be equated with "quality".

·
Da Shiznit
1,117 Posts
I went with warrantydirect.com

Got 7yrs 100,000 miles for 7xx.xx Can't remember exact amount..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts