The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had this installed and drove with it for a few weeks and I didn't really like the way my exhaust sounded so I bought a new resonator and had it swapped out.

A lot of people on these forums like the 10436 magnaflow resonator so I thought I'd put it up for sale.

If you live in so.cal you can pick it up and save on shipping or if you are going to be at carfreaks BBQ I can bring it with me and we can arrange a time you'll be there. Just make sure to bring cash.

For those of you who need it shipped I figure $15.00 for shipping would cover the box and the filler plus shipping.

How does $40.00 OBO sound?

Just reply in this thread.

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know the difference between with and without and since my car is a five speed auto I don't know how it sounds on a 4 speed manual or a 4 speed auto. I would recommend doing a search on the forums to see who else has this and ask.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
damn 4 speed manual hehe, i cant eve nthink of a car like that maybe geo metro hehe

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah, this is a universal part so it is not for just nissans so it could be for a pickup truck or an older muscle car or whatever.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Well the resonator is a straight through type meaning there is no restrictions so it will gain you a few horse power over your stock one. Typically it is used in conjunction with a magaflow cat-back to quiet it down a little. I would assume that if you put this in place of your stock resonator it would be louder but I don't know how it would sound.

You guys are expecting me to know more about this than I do.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universal/round.htm

find (10436) and see that it is a 2.5" in/out tube. I think stock Altima pipes are closer to 2 inches maybe 2.25 inches.

Typically you can use this part if you are going with new tubing on your car. What you could do is have a muffler shop swap out the tubing and resonator (your stock stuff) for 2.5 inch back to the muffler with this resonator in place of your stock resonator.

But I am NOT and expert in exhaust and only did what everyone else is doing.
AGAIN, I stress this: Do a search on these forums for Magnaflow exhaust, Magnaflow mufflers, Magnaflow resonator, Magnaflow 10436 and read up on it and see if it is what you want. Don't ask me if it is right for you because I DON'T KNOW.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ Saturday Afternoon I was at carfreaks BBQ which I guess you missed it? Anyways, if you want to stop by next week just let me know.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ This coming saturday September 4th I'll be out of town. Any way you can get here sooner? I am going up north to the Redwoods. Be back wednesday morning.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can write me a check that is fine. I see you are in Corona too so that is cool.

Come to Fields Autobody
321 E. Grand Blvd
Corona, CA 92879

Just show up sometime between 8am and 5pm m-f

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Hey how do you get to the BBQ meet from chicago, Illinois? figured I'd drop by check out you socal people. As long as you guys are paying for my gas, food, and hotel expenses that is.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
lol... yea you are a little late on that bbq. Hey if u still got it I might be interested this friday if I can get my headers on friday and it ends up sounding ricey Ill be in need of one of these if you still got it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts