The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ported and polished head from a 98 nissan altima. i had the engine rebuilt and the timing jumped and bent 8 valves and did a number on the oil pump and timing chain. so i swapped in a 2000 engine and sold my 12k money pit and i still have a few things left over. the head is in perfect condition. i had everything checked by the machine shop. it had 6000 miles on it when it jumped.

the head is bare asking $100- pics email me

valve cover has a little oxidation on it but is in good shape $25-dont have pics

if really interested call 903 530 9214 or email me at [email protected]

·
Biggest 2nd gen wheel gap
1,457 Posts
what kinda gains did you get with that? And how would I go about installing this...im guessing im better off taking it to a shop. You say its bare....what else do I need with this?

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
id liek to see pics of the head in the state you plan on selling it, bare meaning no gears came or valves right?

just the p/p and angle job?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics

ok pics will be sent, the prices are plus shipping. the head was completly rebuilt with 3* valve job and gasket matched porting

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slickdvl said:
what kinda gains did you get with that? And how would I go about installing this...im guessing im better off taking it to a shop. You say its bare....what else do I need with this?
well with 18's, a full body kit, full interior, and 4 subs in the trunk i went from a 16.2 to a 15.7 in the quarter, you can pull the head yourself it is kinda easy but take it to a machine shop to have everything transferred from you stock head to this one.

·
Biggest 2nd gen wheel gap
1,457 Posts
those numbers are with just the head and rest stock? Otherwise what was your fuel economy like after.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slickdvl said:
those numbers are with just the head and rest stock? Otherwise what was your fuel economy like after.
no i had i wai,hotshot header, ebay exhaust and an act ss clutch, but the rest of the engine was rebuilt but with stock components. i was getting 22 in the city and 29 on the highway

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bmarine931 said:
Does the head fit a 93 engine? also do the stock valves need to be grinded? since you got a 3 angle valve job
i remember when i i got the head back from the machine shop the valves were grinded(the head was bare and he gave me all the valves, springs,cams ext).

i am going to get some new pics because only one came out and it is not a close up of the porting, i should have them by tonight. and i will get a web site and poist them on here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i will go 30 shipped on the valve cover- its kinda heavy

no takers on the head? some one shoot me a reasonable offer i cant refuse and it is yours,

1 - 20 of 35 Posts