The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have 10 Ractive Heat Shield Air Filters with Mass Flow Sensor Adapters available for sale. As a bonus, for each
person who purchases an Air Filter with Adapter, I will throw in a Ractive Air Breather (12mm), which attaches to the
valve cover of your car. This Filter, Sensor, and Air Breather lot is for 1st Generation Altimas. This filter has a heat shield on it, which blocks heat produced from engine, providing cooler air for the it to intake. This filter is basically the same as the Stillen one, and installs the same way. When this filter is used in addition to the Ractive ignition wires, a 6 HP increase is present at the wheels, when dyno tested. I am selling these on a "first come, first serve" basis. I am selling each complete lot for $95 shipped. If you have any questions or you want to buy a lot, just give an e-mail (If you want a picture, I can e-mail that also....I tried uploading it and it did not work). Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
yaggi,
how much do you want for just the Ractive Heat Shield Air Filter & Ractive Air Breather (12mm)? I don't need the mass flow senser. later.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

I would be willing to sell the heat shield filter and air breather to you for $80 shipped. E-mail if you are interested.

Thanks

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
is this for the same Ractive filter you can get off ebay for like $19.95, and the little breather that is like $10.00? Or are you selling a short ram or the extension that hooks onto the end of your filter that acts like a cold air?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey AltimaVixen,

I am not aware of the Ractive air filter availlable on ebay, but I don't think it is same one considering that I cannot not even purchase this filter for that cheap of price through my distributor. Also, ebay is known for selling used items. This drives down the price of brand new items, because people who purchase through ebay are looking for a steal. I feel that ebay is not a good price gauge when comparing product prices. A perfect example of this is the instance when I tried to sell a brand new Kenwood in-dash touch screen dvd player on ebay. This item retails for $2500 and I could not even sell it for $1700. I would really like to know if the item on ebay is brand new and comes with the proper sensor and air breather. If it is actually the same item and is brand new, I have no idea how the seller is making any money at all.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Through a local import shop:
Ractive cone filter with heat shield 40$CDN
Intake adapter (MAS) 20$ CDN
Breather 10$
That's a total of 70$ CDN, comes out to about 45$ US, you're selling it for over double that price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 95_XE,

I was interested in your post so I decided to do a little research on the net to see what these items are actually going for. I found that the filter alone sells for around $60 + shipping. As for the Sensors, I did not find any, but my distributor says that they retail for around $20-25 + shipping. Finally for the Air Breather, my distributor who is a Toucan dealer, said that the suggested retail on these is $15-20 + shipping. According to my calculations the suggested retail for the entire lot should be $95-105 + shipping (which would be around $10-15 based on the weight). That comes out to around $115-120 shipped. I am selling for $20 cheaper than what the suggested retail is. I feel that the price I am charging sounds very fair. Just to show that I am trying to give the best price to for my customers, I would be willing to sell the entire lot for $90 shipped which is $25-30 cheaper than I have seen on the net. Thanks

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
I'm not trying to hate on you at all. But I totally disagree
with what you are saying about eBay. We did get just the filters, not the MAF adapter plate, but even at that I got my adapter from Southwest Autoworks for $16. --We bought 2 Ractive
filters, BRAND NEW;in a sealed Ractive box, off eBay about 2-3 months ago for $22.95 a piece. I'm positive it's the same style that you have. 98Se(Dom) bought his off there too for like $20-25 also. We have spent over 2 thousand dollars easily on eBay for brand new quality products. Wheels/tires(18's), coil overs(2 sets(for CRX/Tegra), STB(for Alty/CRX/Tegra), spark plug wires, pedals, shift knob, body kit, graphix, neon under
body kit, CAI(Tegra/CRX), indiglo guages, short shifter, indiglo emblems, hiper white bulbs....etc and the list goes on. All BRAND NEW, QUALITY products. I have to say I do agree it makes it possibly harder for you to sell your products, but hey, eBay's prices are really good prices for quality brand new products. I LOVE EBAY.

yaggi482 said:
Hey AltimaVixen,

I am not aware of the Ractive air filter availlable on ebay, but I don't think it is same one considering that I cannot not even purchase this filter for that cheap of price through my distributor. Also, ebay is known for selling used items. This drives down the price of brand new items, because people who purchase through ebay are looking for a steal. I feel that ebay is not a good price gauge when comparing product prices. A perfect example of this is the instance when I tried to sell a brand new Kenwood in-dash touch screen dvd player on ebay. This item retails for $2500 and I could not even sell it for $1700. I would really like to know if the item on ebay is brand new and comes with the proper sensor and air breather. If it is actually the same item and is brand new, I have no idea how the seller is making any money at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ebay isn't the most reliable source. You can't gauge the price of products by an online auction source. It's all a matter of personal experience and preference and I personally have incurred nothing but problems and hassles from ebay.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
We only do business with credible referrals or people
who have great feedback. Some people don't do enough
research on the items and sellers. We've had over 40+
good transactions. Plus, I'm not guaging the pricing, I'm
saying there are just better prices out there. Whether it's
eBay or another vendor. Like these Ractive plug wires.
I got mine $20 cheaper than what this other guy was
offering from another vendor who isn't on eBay but
who advertises in all the import mags.

xtremeaudio44 said:
Ebay isn't the most reliable source. You can't gauge the price of products by an online auction source. It's all a matter of personal experience and preference and I personally have incurred nothing but problems and hassles from ebay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have recently sold most of filter lots to people in my town. I only have 3 left and I really need to get rid of them. I will let them go for $68 shipped. This includes the Ractive Air Filter, Mass Flow Sensor, and Air Breather. In my opinion, this filter is one of the best modifications you can buy for the money. It adds approximately 3-5 HP at the wheels. When used with the Ractive wires, a 6 HP gain & 9 lbs torque gain at the wheels is present. E-mail me if you want a set. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts