·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, put it in another way... maserati = ferrari drivetrain...

for the price of a base porsche carrera...

(not to mention the interior is gorgeous... cow overkill, just dont let a devout hindu into it..)

no brainer if you ask me... i love the way the GT looks in blue...

maserati has a very distinguished motorsport history as well so... you can actually compare it to ferrari..

tho i must say they did good work with the modena's restyling, they've fixed the grinning front, and the enzo lights at the back are an awesome touch..

·
too cute
1,357 Posts
Xtrema said:
Well for the price of 430, you could've mod 2 Civic's that'll probably be faster and better than 430 itself.
Apples and oranges comparison. Ferrari you are not just paying for the name, you are paying for the craftsmanship behind the name. How many auto manufacturers do you know still do hand assembly and manufacturing? Then there's quantity, how many civics are produced annually as compared to how many 430s will be produced?

BTW, the revamped 360 (430) looks hot. Another car to add to my dream list :D

GXE94 obviously you've never owned a Ferrari so you most likely don't understand the passion behind the car.

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
YokoShima said:
Apples and oranges comparison. Ferrari you are not just paying for the name, you are paying for the craftsmanship behind the name. How many auto manufacturers do you know still do hand assembly and manufacturing? Then there's quantity, how many civics are produced annually as compared to how many 430s will be produced?
Seriously. I don't think many people can appreciate things like how that V8 will sound at 8500RPM.

·
788 Posts
I like it better than the 360. I thought the 360's lines were a little too soft, but this new iteration is gorgeous.

Anyone who has ever driven a Ferrari can tell you that speed is far down on the list of gratuities offered in the experience. The way they feel at high speeds and through turns is more important than making it get there a couple of seconds quicker. Better yet, drive a 348, the lack of power steering makes for nice feel in the twisties!

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
i would agree with your statement octane...my friend has a 360 modena...it drives so freaking nice. and it is amazing to me how you can sit there and rev the engine, peak thru the back glass, and stare at the motor, and barely hear it....btw, he is already in the works getting the new 430

·
Registered
692 Posts
my new old dream car was the 360. 430 is my new one. god, it looks so much better. the differences are so subtle but when you look at it the feeling i get is 10x better. goooooo....

ferrari. just saying it gives me goosebumps. maseratis = plain looking + plus poor history of reliability.

but id be perfectly content with an old testarossa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts