The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, DaveB has the kit for the factory fogs, and he said the stock wiring is in there. Well when I looked 2 weeks ago, I did not see any wiring for the fogs in the holes where they go or around it. You guys know where they are hiding it? Also how hard is it to install this kit?

·
10,373 Posts
My 98gxe didn't have any pre-wiring for the fogs. And i didn't feel like spending 100+ for the harness. So i made one out of 'ford mini clips," some wire, a relay and heat shrink tubing from pep boys. Wired the relay to the driving lights.

The fogs lights were kinda a bitch to install. I had to take apart the *WHOLE* front off to get them on. Some members here have squeezed the fog brackets on without taking off the front, but i wanted to go the safe way. Took me about 3 hours. But if you don't take the front off, i'm sure it would take no more than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris said:
My 98gxe didn't have any pre-wiring for the fogs. And i didn't feel like spending 100+ for the harness. So i made one out of 'ford mini clips," some wire, a relay and heat shrink tubing from pep boys. Wired the relay to the driving lights.

The fogs lights were kinda a bitch to install. I had to take apart the *WHOLE* front off to get them on. Some members here have squeezed the fog brackets on without taking off the front, but i wanted to go the safe way. Took me about 3 hours. But if you don't take the front off, i'm sure it would take no more than 30 minutes.

Hmmm strange, wonder why DaveB said it was on the car. He doesn't sell the wiring with it though, so go figure. hmmm

·
10,373 Posts
i didn't get mine from Dave Burnette (i should have). But one of the dealerships near me told me the harness was $120 extra ( i think) and from what i saw when i took everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) apart was no pre-wiring.

But you can make a simple relay/harness rig for $10 worth of stuff from pep boys. I've had my fgs in there for maybe 2 years now with no probs. And i have 50w bulbs in there (stock is 37.5).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris said:
i didn't get mine from Dave Burnette (i should have). But one of the dealerships near me told me the harness was $120 extra ( i think) and from what i saw when i took everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) apart was no pre-wiring.

But you can make a simple relay/harness rig for $10 worth of stuff from pep boys. I've had my fgs in there for maybe 2 years now with no probs. And i have 50w bulbs in there (stock is 37.5).
So you basically just bought the Fog housing and what holds it in and what else? The steering colum switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts